SUper V Tubes

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuicideCircus

Reaction score
Whats the accepted preamp tube for the super V?
I just got a Super V and I dont thing Im getting the volume I should be. Grind is minimal, and sounds like a blanket over the speakers......Currently has the stock JJ's.

Help??

Hey Todd

I see this post and I'm concerned...I'm real happy with the Grail, but it is important for this deal to be win-win

The wet blanket thing is strange, if anything, it seemed bright and chimey to my ears- as well as duplicating many of the tones I get on my Pete'sTopboost. I didn't have a tone or volume issue with it, but maybe my ears aren't as sensitive (too many loud nights)

I don't know how old the tubes are inside the SuperV, but if you are ordering new tubes for it, I'll chip in half- 1 tube- is that fair? Hopefully the right tubes will make it happen for you

SuicideCircus said:
I just got a Super V and I dont thing Im getting the volume I should be. Grind is minimal, and sounds like a blanket over the speakers......Currently has the stock JJ's.

Help??

FWIW, my Super V is a lot lower in volume than my other modules. My XTC, SL+ and Blackface levels are set to 10 to 11:00 and the Super V is between 1 and 2:00.

I'm also TungSols in the Super V.

Not sure about the blanket effect. The module definitely has to be run a little hotter or harder because of the lack of volume.

TungSol's in a super V?

How does that work out??
Love them in the brahma and in the jcm800. DIdnt think about that in the superV

Let me use it in rehearsals over the next few days....Ill keep you posted

crankyrayhanky said:
Hey Todd

I see this post and I'm concerned...I'm real happy with the Grail, but it is important for this deal to be win-win

The wet blanket thing is strange, if anything, it seemed bright and chimey to my ears- as well as duplicating many of the tones I get on my Pete'sTopboost. I didn't have a tone or volume issue with it, but maybe my ears aren't as sensitive (too many loud nights)

I don't know how old the tubes are inside the SuperV, but if you are ordering new tubes for it, I'll chip in half- 1 tube- is that fair? Hopefully the right tubes will make it happen for you

first thing is just try new tubes, any new tubes. sounds like you have one that went bad, this can happen during shipping very easily.

+1 on the volume Super V sounds fantastic but is not a loud mod by anymeans

SacredGroove said:
SuicideCircus said:

Help??

FWIW, my Super V is a lot lower in volume than my other modules. My XTC, SL+ and Blackface levels are set to 10 to 11:00 and the Super V is between 1 and 2:00.

I'm also TungSols in the Super V.

Not sure about the blanket effect. The module definitely has to be run a little hotter or harder because of the lack of volume.