no sound output from t2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teetoo

Reaction score
hey guys new t2 owner here with a problem.i have no sound output at all.not even the usual amp hum.all the tubes are still glowing so im guessing its fuse related?how hard is it to get to the fuse in the t2? :oops: :x

just to add i have the amp out of its head box and i cant locate any fuse?
i run an X3L in the loop but i didnt have it on when i was playing at the time.i turnd it on and there was a loud pop through my cab then nothing.its been dead silent since.i replaced all tubes with another set and still no luck? i really need some help please as this is a new head and ive had it for a few weeks now[second one] :oops:

jmgman70 said:
Not real familiar with the T2,is there a standby switch or something??

yes there is.im no expert but i think it may be a fuse but i have no idea where they are in the t2,or how many there are.was just looking at petes fuse thread and saw how many are in the rm100.i hope there isnt as many in the t2 lol.as i said it turns on,lights up,can still change channels but there is no output.this is why i think it may be fuse related. :?:

I had the same issue with mine almost. Mine was bad out of the box. Fired it up and there was a slight sound of my guitar then faded to nothing. That combined with a missing serial number was enough for me to retrun it. I am replacing it with at T2HH that should arrive any day.

I bet Pete could help you.

There's a fuse where the power cord plugs in. Should be square and has different voltages listed. Just pop it out, but make sure you put it back in the same way...if you turn it you will have the incorrect voltage setting. I had one of these go on me once and it was a simple fix, got the fuse at Radio Shack. Hope that helps.

Greg

that amp i had trouble with is gone and i now have new replacement T2.
but to answer your Q yes i did check it and it was fine so i think it mite have been a fuse for the tube/tubeboard.