UltraXL arrived - I am a bit under-whelmed

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BIGKAHUNA said:
insightibanez said:
JKD said:
okstrat said:
Is this module stock or one of my mods?

I'm fairly sure it was a stock mod which leads me to believe it's either posted in the wrong forum or a desperate plea for you to help him :D

I 2nd thsat , theres no way I could be one of Petes Monsters!!!!!

Its not....if you note the last sentence of my post ask what mod will beef up the XL.

Yeah, but you can mod already modded modules :) Just wanted to be sure you weren't a disgruntled mod customer. The Ultras are pretty good for tweaking, you can do a lot with one.

Pete

okstrat said:
BIGKAHUNA said:
okstrat said:
Is this module stock or one of my mods?

This is a stock Module....no mod. I am hoping that a mod for the XL will change my opinion of it.

Hm, heard my Slodano clips?

http://www.gigmods.com/Page8.html

Pete

Pete - Thanks Bro but I cant access the clips on the this internet system (US Gov) Would you be willing to email me some clips that showcase what can be done with the XL?

I am not a disgruntled customer (wont officially be a customer till your done with my 1086 :D ) Cant wait to get that Mod so I can join the army of your satisfied customers.:mrgreen:

I was underwhelmed with the 1086, then got the Ultra XL was a bit better mesh with my other guitarists sound, but still thin, then i upped the guage of
my strings tonight and is was a whole new bag, much much better, also i turned my tone knob on my guitar about half way and it really rounded it out but still had a good slice to it - just fatter.

Still running only 2 JJ's in the randall too, as i cannot find these **** fuses,
so i'm not even pushing my cab as it could be just at 16 ohm and 50 watts but equal to other guitarists 120 watt peavey ultra running same exact cab @ 16 ohm.
Was much happier tonight, i can't wait to hear it with a full quad, thinking about ditching the JJ's tho for something with a more round tone.
Whatever is in his head ( the guy he bought from said they were generic chinese ) are much bigger fatter in size tubes than my JJ's - they don't sound bad at all if they're supposed to be cheap tubes.