Super V verus/with KH-1

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ulf

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am having this stupid idea of running two RM-4s in parallel as a stereo setup. One footswitch will call up a combination of two modules - one left, one right.
I am asking for help for a clean module. I already own a KH-1 which I like for its real clean sound - plus it's a good combination with my EMGs.

What would you chose? A second KH-1 or a Super-V?
Does the Super V work with EMGs or does it break up early?

The whole idea of doing parallel is to achieve a huge stereo image, or at least an interesting shift in the image compared to mono. Running two of the same preamps won't do much for you, that is unless you plain to EQ then entirely different, and that's not really the idea or recommended. Your best will be two entirely tones, but with very similar EQ. I'd have to say a KH1 mixed with a SuperV is going to be very cool!

I'll let you know in a few days. I'm going to try the same thing. EMGs into two RM4's in stereo. I have a KH-1 now and will be trying the Fender modules and the Super-V as the other side.

Here are some good combinations I've found so far:

SL+/Brown
SL+/Pete Recto
KH-3/UltraXL

For me, the 2 pre stereo sounds great on rhythms but I prefer one pre for a more focused lead tone.

I would imagine as long as you use the trick I do for cleans you should be fine with the Super V (level all the way up, using gain for a volume control). That is, if you have trouble with overdrive. But a combination of light overdrive with a crisp clean sounds great as well!

I actually recorded a song a while back with an acoustic and clean electric in unison, but because of a crappy cable, the electric sounds started clipping some into a light overdrive and the effect is awesome :)

I tried out the KH-1/Super-V stereo combination tonight and I wasn't thrilled so far. The unique character of the Super-V dominated the natural sound of the KH-1.

I'm going to try the "Fender" modules with the KH-1 to see how that sounds.

The Mr. Scary and Top Boost modules sound good with several other gain modules. They give an expanded stereo without sounding like two separate tones.