Motorcity pickups

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havent tried them, but Ty Tabor was using them in his custom Frank LaMara when I saw him live. It was going through a couple of Egnater M4's as well, and his tone is SWEEEEEEEET 8)

They Rock,Wade does some killer winding man!They are worth every penny!!!I've got about seven sets and i just got the Suhr loaded with HSS with the 2nd Degree BlackBelts and a couple of A3 singles that are sick!!!!

jmgman70 said:
They Rock,Wade does some killer winding man!They are worth every penny!!!I've got about seven sets and i just got the Suhr loaded with HSS with the 2nd Degree BlackBelts and a couple of A3 singles that are sick!!!!

What would you recommend for metal??? thanks

insightibanez said:
jmgman70 said:

What would you recommend for metal??? thanks
Solutions!!!I have a set of these in an LP standard and IT'S all metal!!!You should give Wade a Call,good dude to talk to and he knows the goods!!!Even the 2nd Degrees hit the high gain with authority but the Solutions are brutal!!

I tried these in a Washburn WI model at NAMM a few years ago and loved them. Haven't stuck any in a guitar yet but I keep thinking about it.

I've got MCP Nukes in my charvel. They are a love em hate em PU. Nice for leads, but take a bit of adjustment to clean up.

The Rossness said:
I've got MCP Nukes in my charvel. They are a love em hate em PU. Nice for leads, but take a bit of adjustment to clean up.
It's a 23K pup,there hot I have a set!!Heavy pickup :shock:

droptrd said:
Just checked out the site. I think Im gonna try out the "Afwayu". Major GAS :)
They sound killer man!!Check out this thread
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46128

Just swapped emails with wade from motor city. He was very helpfull. Ordering a set of Afwayu's for one of my PRS McCarty's. Cant Wait :D

He also recommended the "torque" humbucker too for PRS's.

droptrd said:
Just swapped emails with wade from motor city. He was very helpfull. Ordering a set of Afwayu's for one of my PRS McCarty's. Cant Wait :D

He also recommended the "torque" humbucker too for PRS's.
8) That's a great pickup and you can get lost talking to Wade,Great Guy!!!!!

My Afwayus sound HUGE!!!!!
Picture035.jpg

Any sound clips guys? The descriptions sound awesome. Even better is the swapping thing if you become disatisfied with the pickup you got. That and he doesn't live all the way in friggin England :roll:

grunge782 said:
Any sound clips guys? The descriptions sound awesome. Even better is the swapping thing if you become disatisfied with the pickup you got. That and he doesn't live all the way in friggin England :roll:
here are a bunch of clips in this thread
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=950856&content=music

Well, its been a few days since I installed my new Motor City Afwayu set in my PRS McCarty. Let me start by talking about what I didnt like about the stock prs pup's (I actually had a prs dragon II in the bridge, but I didnt know this until I did the pup swap). The prs pups had a very narrow/boxy tone. The lows where tight but very small. The low mids lacked any chest hitting punch (just very boring sounding) And the highs, seemed to be a tad on the dull side. The only thing I liked about them was the nice, sweet upper mid bite.

So I swapped the prs pups for a Motor City Afwayu set. The new pups showed up flawless and with plenty of leed. So I wired them up. These pups are almost perfect sounding to me. Almost. The lows are awesome! very big yet still tite and controllable. The low mids are super punchy. Gives a very round and dynamic attack to palm mute/chugging. The highs are full and have a nice sparkle. The upper mids were lacking abit of the warmth and bite the prs pups had but still have enuff to give definition to chording. The output is perfect for my taste. Most likely too hot for someone looking for crystral cleans. The neck pup isnt dull and muddy at all.

Aside from the slightly sterile upper mids, I really like these pups. The guitar sounds 100 times bigger, wider and more dynamic. The boxy tone is gone for good. Highly Recommended