Rack effects help!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezGuy88

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a RH100 and I just bought a TC Electronics G-major, I plugged it into the effects loop but it seems that when i use it, my clean channel is distorted a little and my distortion channels are muffled as well as the overall volume is lower than it should be. Did I screw up with my connection or do I have to tweak the entire thing for a long time? Another option that I'm curious is if it would be a better overall solution to just plug it in with a midi cable?

No audio signal travels through a MIDI cable, so whether one is plugged in or not has nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing. MIDI is used primarily to allow you to change the presets/channels on MIDI compatible processors/amp with a MIDI floorboard.

What you are describing sounds like an issue with the input and output levels on the G Major, relative to the levels that work with your amp's effects loop. I've never owned a G Major, so I can't give you much advice other than to go back to the G Major manual and carefully read what it says about setting these levels properly. If you are following those directions and still having problems, you may have a faulty cable or effects loop.

Good luck.

I use a G major and dont have this problem at all, hears a coupple tips...

Run your g major in the sereal loop, not the parrallel,

Turn down the input knob on the g major and ajust the output to the level meter right next to the knobs, and that should clean things up. Your probally just running the input and output way too high and its distorting everything...

good luck, let me know if that dosent work.

Thx guys, I just had to tamper with the settings like you guys said and so far so good, lol I just got the thing so I kinda got freaked out when it wasn't working how I thought it would bet . The thing I'm worndering now is how my distortion channel still seems slightly muffled, like it's not crips as it would be when no effects are plugged in. I heard that effects and chains etc. take away some gain from the distortion? One last thing that would help me is what good instrument cables should I buy for the effects loop going to the processor? Thanks a lot.

Mostelly its just alot of messing around with settings, and getting the whole preset perfect..

As far as cables

www.accusoundproaudio.com

Those are the best cables money can buy, belive me.