Sneak Preview

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just sent an Ultra Lead out to be modded 2 weeks back...I hope this is mine!!!

No, I've been working on this one some time now. It's not yours, sorry.

pete

ocaptainjr2 said:
I just sent an Ultra Lead out to be modded 2 weeks back...I hope this is mine!!!

Did u ask for the Mesa Studio tone and cosmetics then? If so :twisted: and thanks

Weird, it blended my reply with ocaptain's message...

To restate:

Nope, this isn't his module, I was working on it awhile before his came in. I'm working on his currently, I am working magic on it, just not mesa mark magic. Working the magic he requested on it :D

Pete

So, how much would this Mesa Studio mod cost? This is exactly what my friend wants for his rhythm tone, and I'd be interested in one too once I get some money :D

Maybe with additional EQ in the loop??

From what I understand (and what Pete has said) though, the Randall EQ is more effective than the Mesa Bass/Mid/Treble in dialing basic tones...the Mesa EQ is pre-gain I think.

I think this means you can get close with Bass/Mid/Treble then us an EQ in the loop to simulate the Mesa 5-band and take you to the final tone.

Or build your own 5-band EQ pedal with the same values as the Mesa one :p

Pete: Have you found any other modules that might work as a base for this mod yet? Or should I give it a few weeks to wait? I'm really excited about this xD
My friend (who I mentioned the other day) listened to the two recordings and actually picked out which was the Randall and which was the Mesa as soon as he heard the first notes of the second clip. He said the Randall was definitely clearer and had a sweeter lead tone 8)

Hey Shin, had several things happen this week that threw me back - just got in from a relative's funeral, and other fun stuff. My main focus right now is getting some stuff finished up asap and out the door. :)

Should have an idea of other modules that share the same PCB by this weekend or so - just need to take a few minutes and give em a look. Thanks for your interest, I'm really enjoying playing my mesa and slodano mods. :)

Pete

Aww, that sucks :( But things happen. And I get ya about the finishing stuff, first thing's first :)

No prob! I won't have an income for another week or so (if I get this work study position at the library), but when I do I'll have two or three funds started up :p One for modules, one for tubes, and one for my girlfriend's visit at the end of May :) then after that, a new guitar fund :D Or maybe I'll just lump the tube and module funds together... GAH! GAS sucks xD

Waaaaaaaaaaay Cool! Maybe I can shrink down my "rack" by 5 spaces, haha.

l_765a255ec16146c5c21da08f346a858e.jpg

Any word on the other modules we could send in for this? I have an old Ultra Lead, but both me and a friend of mine want one (when we have money), but the availability of Ultra Leads is fairly slim, as you well know.