what would be the best module for a marshall/soldano fan?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmf5150

Reaction score
im into a Vanhalen higher gain plexi sound or an 80s hairband sound.im also a big fan of the soldano slo.what module would be best for me?
stan

The closest to a SLO that I have found with Randall modules was the Ultra LEAD module. I never tried the Brown module but from what I've heard it does the Van Halen-esque tones fairly well. Hope that helps sir!

I've had a HR50+ for about ten years now. I am probably selling it to fund the rest of this rig. The closest clip I've heard was the Ultra lead, but I have not played it myself yet. So far, I only have an XTX, and am really enjoying it.

IMO the EG3/4 sounds more like a marshall than anything. If you want a Soldano sound, try the Ultra Lead.... I've tried almost every module and that one was the closest! :wink:

guitarguy510 said:
IMO the EG3/4 sounds more like a marshall than anything. If you want a Soldano sound, try the Ultra Lead.... I've tried almost every module and that one was the closest! :wink:

The ultra lead really lacks something when compared with the EG3/4 - it sounds a bit on the thin side.