MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Announcement Regarding RIP studios

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RD/MAN
The Head Honcho

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Official Announcement Regarding RIP studios Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the late reply and lack of an official response regarding RIP studios. I've been traveling and out of the office the past 2 weeks, but I also needed time to research the specific details regarding this very serious situation. I'm going to check back in each day to answer any questions and/or posts and I want everyone to know that we are here to help out anyway we can. With that said, please read below regarding the details as we know it, including our short history with Paul DaVinci & RIP studios.

Our deepest sympathy's go out to every individual who has sent him money and did not receive the product(s) they paid for. Our first dealings with him began approximately at the end of March 2009. He had contacted Marissa in our artist relations department and said that he had been referred by Trace at Voodoo and had worked with Marilyn Manson in his early days and was currently working on a new project with Al Jourgenson of Ministry. He also sent us a sound clip of a song he claimed to have recorded from Craig Montoya of Everclear. Based on the information he provided, we offered him an artist direct pricing on the below Randall MTS products. He pre-paid for the order and we can verify that these items included the following:

1 ? RM100M with green alligator Tolex and EL34?s

1 ? RS412XLT over-sized cabinet with green alligator Tolex

1 ? UltraXL

1 ? Treadplate

1 ? Grail

1 ? Plexi

The top four items shipped in late April and the last two shipped in late May. We think that the some of the modules he listed could have come from us, but were sold below what he paid us for. Any other items that he had listed on the forums were not purchased through U.S. Music or Artist Relations/Marissa unless he had used another pseudonym at the time.

We have tried contacting Paul both by phone and e-mail, but he is not responding to e-mail and his phone number is now disconnected. Due to privacy regulations, we are not able to confirm his address or his IP address without either a court order or warrant. Our suggestion to anyone who was scammed by Paul is to:

Contact their local authorities with any information they have regarding Paul DaVinci/RIP Studios, the dollar amount spent, etc.
Contact the local authorities for any address anyone has for him

Keep in mind that due to the amount he has taken, this is a felony case, so anything that you can do to work together is going to make the punishment worse for him. Once we have official documentation from the authorities, we can disclose any and all information related to him to them, including all e-mails, shipping address information, verification of his IP address so that they can contact his internet provider, etc.

We wish to express our great sympathy for all of the hassle, headache and heartache that this individual has caused. All of our customers and fans are extremely important to us especially the MTS forum community and we hope this hasn?t tainted anyone?s opinions of Randall or Randall Artist Relations.

Doug Reynolds
Randall Amplifiers
DC Widowmaker
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug. I must confess, just moments ago I wrote in another thread how wrong it was that I hadn't received a reponse to an email I sent Randall customer service regarding this situation. I saw this thread and went back to delete the post.

Very glad to see Randall taking a pro-active role in this.

Regards.
Bewitagos1
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: too much to ask? Reply with quote

Thanks Doug for the well thoughtout response,

the only reason I took such a chance with RIP, is because I currently own two RM100's that continue to arc and blow up whenever I turn them up past bedroom volume. Paul assured me that the head he was selling me wouldn't blow up, and in a sick round about way, it was probably the only truthful thing he said, considering he was never intending to send me or any of us, anything we paid our hard earned money for. It would be extremely difficult to blow something up that you never had. Embarassed

Over the first half of this year, I've bought and traded a bunch of gear from the fine folks here; have a fairly substantial investment in Randall MTS gear. Your customer service dept offered to sell me new boards for 150 bucks a head, but they are unsure if that will "solve" my arcing problem and are looking into it?

Bruce offered to repair the boards for me, and as appreciative I am to him for his kind offer, its not really his responsibility.

I guess for me, my desperation to realize and enjoy my investment into Randall, got the better of me and I don't expect nor anticipate ever getting my money back.

Just thought you might want to know the "why's" behind my unique situation.

Jimmie
Suhr Modern
Listening to Mastodon-Tool-Slipknot-Alice in Chains
DC Widowmaker
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: too much to ask? Reply with quote

Bewitagos1 wrote:
the only reason I took such a chance with RIP, is because...

The only reason I took a chance is because 'RIP' claimed to be endorsed by Randall, and on a Randall forum I had no good reason to believe he didn't. or indeed that someone who is endorsed by Randall could get away with something like this.
crankyrayhanky
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had green light GAS
This will be a tedious process, but in the end, we should be able to track this guy down
RD/Steve
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while my posts have been brief regarding this, i have been waiting for an official announcement from Doug. i made this a sticky.

as i stated in the aforementioned posts...my first thought was to immediately contact anyone and everyone whom may be of assistance in this. if you haven't already, take it up with the authoities immediately. please contact your banks as well, as it seems paypal is reluctant in refunding the money. the bank will offer a charge back which puts the onis on paypal to get their money. seriously...make sure you do this as soon as possible. exhaust every means you can to get your money back.

rip studios/paul divinci will be brought to justice...i have full confidance. unfortunately, it may take some time.

"obviously...your not a golfer."

good dealings with: everyone Smile

http://www.randallamplifiers.com
Bewitagos1
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD/Steve wrote:
while my posts have been brief regarding this, i have been waiting for an official announcement from Doug. i made this a sticky.

as i stated in the aforementioned posts...my first thought was to immediately contact anyone and everyone whom may be of assistance in this. if you haven't already, take it up with the authoities immediately. please contact your banks as well, as it seems paypal is reluctant in refunding the money. the bank will offer a charge back which puts the onis on paypal to get their money. seriously...make sure you do this as soon as possible. exhaust every means you can to get your money back.

rip studios/paul divinci will be brought to justice...i have full confidance. unfortunately, it may take some time.

While some banks may decide to take care of their customers, others like mine simply refuse to.

I witness this happening more and more in today's sad times. Its easier (and seemingly more cost effective) to tell someone "sorry, we can't help you" than to actually provide even the slightest amount of customer service.

This entire process has been inundated with a slew of "sorry, can't help yas" cept for Paul, he was great in assisting me out of my cash.

I'm weary of trying to make a point, weary of waiting for the phone to ring with some good news that somone, ANYONE, has a solution to my problem.
Suhr Modern
Listening to Mastodon-Tool-Slipknot-Alice in Chains
Julia
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said pretty much the same thing that Steve said. I had a situation with a former local vendor a couple years back and the folks at American Music in Bellevue WA gave me the exact same advice. And something else to know, and this comes from the bank.

* for online purchases or purchases through private parties using PayPal, ALWAYS use your VISA or MasterCard, not your debit card. Your charge cards have a customer protection policy that most debit cards don't have.

* if you do not receive a verifiable tracking number from the seller within 48 hrs of the PayPal transaction to immediately contact the seller.

* if the seller is hesitant to give you one, cancel the transaction in writing and contact your credit card company to reverse the charge.

Keep a detailed paper or e-mail trail of everything.

If a deal sounds too good to be true it is.

Too old to Rock N Roll. Too young to die.
schlagdog
RM100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure next to none of us with see a single cent of our money coming back. I don't for a second hold Marissa responsible for anything because Paul went through every proper channel to become an endorsee and did everything by the book. I DO WONDER WHO THE HELL MONITORS THIS BOARD FROM RANDALL. Is this an official board? This whole nonsense could have been avoided before anyone got taken. Anyone associated with Randall reading any of RIPS threats about the gear he had should have woke them up. An endorsee was posting he had 3 of the heads and 3 cabs he got directly from Randall and 20 modules he said he got directly from them. I'm pretty sure that is against all endorsee agreements with a company. I personally would not have bought a single item if I didnt see pics of a custom head and cab purchased directly from them which validated all his talk. He could have been shut down long before this mess. I also feel like an ass because I said to myself on more than one occasion I should call Randall and verify this. This board is filled with loyal Randall users who own many thousands of dollars worth of Randall gear. I feel a Randall forum on the Randall website should have been overseen by someone who is in the know.
schlagdog
RM100

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randall getting involved now is not getting anyones money back. I statement on a message board really does nothing for people out thousands of dollars. The involvement of writing an apology email is far to late.
RD/Steve
Lynch Box

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

due to the nature of this discussion, guitarguy150 and I are going to lock this thread.

it makes no sense debating what could have, should have, or didn't happen. THAT will not resolve the problem RIP created. there's alot of emotion involved by the affected parties...and sometimes what is read may not be what is "meant."

"obviously...your not a golfer."

good dealings with: everyone Smile

http://www.randallamplifiers.com
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    MTS Forum Forum Index -> MTS Forum News & Annoucements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: