New band Chickenfoot

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked it up. The slow songs are fucking GAY! Other than that, I like it. Its just another Sammy album but this time he has a killer band.
A little hokey, but good. Download it off of frostwire or something. Its cool to listen to but almost not worth buying.

As for the individuals -

Chad Smith rocks as expected. Drum tones arent what Im used to hearing from him. But I know they didnt have the Peppers buget when they recorded.

Satch does some role playing on this. He has a few rippin leads but for the most part hes just jammin some "intense" pocket rock

Mike was kinda burried. major bummer

Sammy sounds the same as always.

The Sammy and Mike harmonies are killer.

just my 2 cents.

I personally found the album a bit boring - sound too much like a Jam session

Saw them play it live at a fairly small gig here in London and the gig was boring for the most part. Chad was comical and the playing was tight but the songs were boring......

HOWEVER - for the encore they played Bad Motor Scooter and Deep Purple's Speed King and they tore the place apart.
Satch was brilliant on Speed King playing all the keyboard parts and guitar lines and the vocals were sport on.

The two encore songs showed how good the band can be as players and as such made you wonder why the rest of the gig had been so lacklustre and you can really only pin it down to the songs.

To be fair I had seen UFO the night before in the same venue and they rocked out great and the songs wer all dripping with riffs and hooklines and melody ( a fair percentage of the set was Michael Schenker era songs)
So maybe it also highlighted songs that didnt catch the ear as much