Hey! Where has Pete been?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your dad's feeling better, Pete.

My dad's the same...he had a stroke a couple of years ago and the doc told him to quit smoking. He did quit - for 2 days, and now he's back to smoking his normal quota :(

I hope your dad does quit...tell him there are about 300 people on the forum who would love it if he starts taking care of himself - maybe that'd help :p

I am really glad to see so many members here praying for Pete- Didn't know so many other Christians were on the Forum :D If we pray for him together, great and mighty things happen as God hears all prayers but especially a unified body of believers together. God Bless Pete and his family and all of the Randall Family here :!: :!:

One other thing guys, I will pray for all of those here who are not believers and just know that God loves you just as you are. It's Father's Day, so all dads here know how no matter what your child does, you still love them! I go to a church that accepts people as they are- I have never been to a church with a more diverse and open acceptance- they are all races and styles of people there- The Praise band rocks also :wink:
Check it out at StevensCreek.net- the band even does Bring Me To Life and Aerosmith :!:

And Pete, I am praying for you and hope you got some good news for your dad on Father's Day :wink:

Kranked4Christ said:
One other thing guys, I will pray for all of those here who are not believers and just know that God loves you just as you are. It's Father's Day, so all dads here know how no matter what your child does, you still love them! I go to a church that accepts people as they are- I have never been to a church with a more diverse and open acceptance- they are all races and styles of people there- The Praise band rocks also :wink:
Check it out at StevensCreek.net- the band even does Bring Me To Life and Aerosmith :!:

And Pete, I am praying for you and hope you got some good news for your dad on Father's Day :wink:

AMEN, My Brother!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

kylendm said:
Prayers to you're father Pete. I've recommended numerous people to go to you for mods as i think your are a master of mts modding haha. GL with everything though

Shin i'm 17, 2 months from 18. :p
Whippersnapper :p I turn 20 in November.

Kranked4Christ said:
One other thing guys, I will pray for all of those here who are not believers and just know that God loves you just as you are.
I will assume that you're operating under the best of intentions and that you're trying to be nice. However, I find this offensive (since you're asking non-believers to uncritically give up what may have been hard-fought introspective battles) and would point you again back to the rules of participation in the forum here.

Thanks.

BTW, Pete, I'm pulling for your father too.

Zander,
my post is not intended to be offensive or to start a religious thread, it is just here to let Pete know I am praying for him & his family and to let anyone here know that chooses not to believe that I will be praying for them. No intention to force belief on anyone just as Jesus did not force himself on anyone. Thanks and hope this clears my intentions and also thanks for thinking first that I posted with good intentions, not with bad ones :wink:

I was just about to email you to ask about that Recto/Grail module thing I bought, then I saw this and well...that doesn't seem so important anymore.

My grandmother, grandfather, other grandmother and other grandfather all passed away from cancer due to smoking. I smoked for 20 years from age 12 until 32. It took me 5 tries to quit, but I finally did it. I got tired of all the morning hacking, being out of breath all the time and most of all, the price. When I quit it was still about $3.50-$4 a pack and I felt that was ridiculous...now..forget it.

I'm not a religious person at all, but your father will be in my thoughts Pete. I hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery. Hang in there, life can throw a lot at you at once, but somehow we take it and work through the insanity. That's not just some bullshit line either, that's me talking from experience :)

Guys, thanks for the kind wishes - Ned, if you need to pull this, I understand. Wasn't trying to make this a religious thread, and I don't remember the rules - I read em back when I was on the forum back in '06. Doh!

Quick update - the old man is back at his house, recovering. He did get a few sponge baths from young female nurses that he will miss, I'm sure he won't miss the tube in his chest and the catheter. Ugh. They had a tube going into this device that was taking fluid off his lungs - was nasty to say the least.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the prayers/mojo/good thoughts. Should be getting back to concentrating 110% on mods, so hang in there if you're waiting on me, I'll be sure and give em some extra tone. :) I should be catching up on emails too - if you sent me one and I didn't get back with you, hit me again. Thanks!

Pete

Clonexx said:
I was just about to email you to ask about that Recto/Grail module thing I bought, then I saw this and well...that doesn't seem so important anymore.

My grandmother, grandfather, other grandmother and other grandfather all passed away from cancer due to smoking. I smoked for 20 years from age 12 until 32. It took me 5 tries to quit, but I finally did it. I got tired of all the morning hacking, being out of breath all the time and most of all, the price. When I quit it was still about $3.50-$4 a pack and I felt that was ridiculous...now..forget it.

I'm not a religious person at all, but your father will be in my thoughts Pete. I hope he has a speedy and healthy recovery. Hang in there, life can throw a lot at you at once, but somehow we take it and work through the insanity. That's not just some bullshit line either, that's me talking from experience :)

Thanks, and feel free to email me about your module.

Pete

I just saw this now after sending an email. I prayed for your dad though. sounds like he's getting better. That's good. Cancer is terrible.
-Angel

Pete, didn't know your dad was in trouble. Holy cow. Sounds like things went well though. We're pullin' for you guys here.

My old man came face to face with that demon just a year ago, didn't make out so good... within 6 weeks of diagnosis he was gone. Ugly stuff. Yep, he smoked his whole adult life... esophogus(sp) cancer, but it was all through him by the time we found out. Didn't have the time, or strength, for a single treatment or operation. Nasty, nasty... but digressing, like I said.... I'm with ya bro, and hope your dad got it's *** kicked for good!

Treasure yer ol' man, my friend.

I know we said 'I love you' more in those 6 weeks than we did in all the time we shared prior. Sher do miss him.

The very best mojo comin' at ya.

Saw dad on friday, he's doing well, was even arguing with me which is always a good sign, plus he's home! : ) Get to find out if it spread or not in a few days when he meets with the oncologists.

Jethro, sorry to hear about your dad. 6 weeks is just horrible... stuff like that puts everything in perspective REAL fast. :(

I really appreciate everyone's positive thoughts. Thanks again everyone.

Pete

Latest posts