Salvation LONECLEAN mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
So, I finally finished my modification of CLEAN module.

It is called LoneClean and it is cloned after clean channel of Lonestar amp with a few features.
It includes TWEED mode, borrowed from Roadking 2 and TEXAS mode, which is my own variation of shimmery clean sound.
In Tweed and Texas modes this module is able to do nice crunch.
Central position is called LONE and it?s simply Lonestar Clean.
Added 2nd 3 position switch, borrowed directly from Lonestar, it has 3 positions: NORMAL , THICK and THICKER. It changes/adds mids- great for single note solo work. Thick and Thicker settings gives more "Plexi-taste" to clean sounds.
What more? Inside of module is little switch called WARM/COLD.
In WARM position this is Lonestar based sound.
In COLD mode sound of all settings is a lot cleaner and it is harder to break it up. Recommended for EMG users and users of hot pickups. This main mode is switchable only when module is out of the slot.

Congratulations to Crankyrayhanky for his new sounds! :wink:

simple soundsample is here:http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7810061

LoneClean_I.JPG

LoneClean_II.JPG

LoneClean_V.JPG

wow, sounds great! A clean module with options.
I wonder if the Clean module might get a little more popular :)

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!!!

How much would it cost to get this done? I just got a clean module with an RM80 on craigslist and i would love to have this mod done to it.

Thanks, John.

I take it the clip is going between Normal, Thick, and Thicker? :D This is AWESOME, Anthony! I'm GASing for a Salvation Loneclean now :D

^This is on top of my GAS for the Mamba and ANGEL modules, AND Pete's Mark Series module :p If only I could mysteriously come across a few hundred bucks...

Shinozoku said:
I take it the clip is going between Normal, Thick, and Thicker? :D This is AWESOME, Anthony! I'm GASing for a Salvation Loneclean now :D

No, clip is between COLD LONE, WARM LONE, WARM TWEED, and chord work in the end is COLD TWEED with THICKER position. Diiferent positions of gain pot.
There is a lot of options, so if we would want to show each combination, it would be longer than Stairway To Heaven :wink:

TEXAS mode I added after making this clip, so clip does not show it:(
It is slightly warmer than lone position with slight scoop on 750 Hz. I found this is very nice, airy sound. So I cannot help myself, I have to add this mode too 8)

TWEED mode is hottest from the three, with higher gain position it is raw crunch, as you can hear in the end of clip. With TWEED mode and higher setting of gain T-M-B controls looses his influence on EQing, they become tool for shaping of dynamic, tightness etc. (very similar thing like on Mesa Mark series without Graphic EQ). This is pretty common when tonestack is placed BEFORE gainstages.
And I like it a lot, it is quite different than all Dirty/Crunch Randall modules.

Bright switch works as usual (and in the same way like on other Randall clean modules like Blackface, Deluxe, Clean): his influence is bigger in lower gain pot settings.

Anyways, thanks again to Hyenik for this soundclip!

Man the versatility you build into these things is killing me....and they're works of art too!

Nice! 8)

salvation said:
Shinozoku said:

No, clip is between COLD LONE, WARM LONE, WARM TWEED, and chord work in the end is COLD TWEED with THICKER position. Diiferent positions of gain pot.
There is a lot of options, so if we would want to show each combination, it would be longer than Stairway To Heaven :wink:

TEXAS mode I added after making this clip, so clip does not show it:(
It is slightly warmer than lone position with slight scoop on 750 Hz. I found this is very nice, airy sound. So I cannot help myself, I have to add this mode too 8)

TWEED mode is hottest from the three, with higher gain position it is raw crunch, as you can hear in the end of clip. With TWEED mode and higher setting of gain T-M-B controls looses his influence on EQing, they become tool for shaping of dynamic, tightness etc. (very similar thing like on Mesa Mark series without Graphic EQ). This is pretty common when tonestack is placed BEFORE gainstages.
And I like it a lot, it is quite different than all Dirty/Crunch Randall modules.

Bright switch works as usual (and in the same way like on other Randall clean modules like Blackface, Deluxe, Clean): his influence is bigger in lower gain pot settings.

Anyways, thanks again to Hyenik for this soundclip!
Wow! Can't wait to see what you do with the ANGEL :D I take it you'll have maybe a med-high gain switch (for the crunch and high gain channels), the ball switch, and a contour? And maybe a tight switch? I'm drooling with excitement, man :lol:

I'm at work, no access to the soundclip! The reviews sound great though- can't wait to hear it!

I am speechless .I was just playing a lonestar last weekend .and I think it has one of the most amazing clean /blues channels available .
The tones in your clip IMO seem even better than the Mesa.

It is on the shopping list ..
How long for the Fuel or Benzin for release??? I am very intrested in that one too..

amazing work

Holy...
I really love Anthony?s work.
I was thinking about removing my blackface to be able to play another of his great highgainers. But now I have to think about sending him my blackface to get it modded. What a great clean sound + the crunch at the end of the track, wow...

Thanks god I bought a RM20, too. So I?m able to feed it with another salvation module :lol: