Problem locating midi fuse .....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephman

Reaction score
Hi there, I can't seem to swtich channels with my new RF3 Midi footswitch on the RM100 head (the lights do change on the FootSW as I hit the buttons but no changes to the amp channels). I've read it could be due to a blown midi fuse.
I've taken the amp apart and found several fuses around the midi board - looking at Petes big fuse locater, which Fuse Number is "the midi fuse"?
http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=6297
Could it be that I'm not prgraming the footswitch properly ?? Should i be hitting the AMp select button first, for 5 seconds and then the Footswitch button for 5 secs ??? What the $#%$# is this system / method ?? Looking at the manual / other posts this should be a simple thing to do ??

Any help / other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure, most likely closest one to the midi board. Just check them all, take you about 2 minutes with a multimeter.

depress whatever preset you want your footswtich to have on the footswitch, then change the channel on the amp to the one you want assigned to it. Then hold the channel button in for a few seconds.

Pete

stephman said:
Hi there, I can't seem to swtich channels with my new RF3 Midi footswitch on the RM100 head (the lights do change on the FootSW as I hit the buttons but no changes to the amp channels). I've read it could be due to a blown midi fuse.
I've taken the amp apart and found several fuses around the midi board - looking at Petes big fuse locater, which Fuse Number is "the midi fuse"?
Could it be that I'm not prgraming the footswitch properly ?? Should i be hitting the AMp select button first, for 5 seconds and then the Footswitch button for 5 secs ??? What the $#%$# is this system / method ?? Looking at the manual / other posts this should be a simple thing to do ??

stephman said:

If you are looking for fuse of midiboard, it is directly on the midiboard.
And it is not usual glass fuse.
on this pic it is that red barrel by right side of 12 pin connector.
midiboard.jpg

okstrat said:
I'm not sure, most likely closest one to the midi board. Just check them all, take you about 2 minutes with a multimeter.

depress whatever preset you want your footswtich to have on the footswitch, then change the channel on the amp to the one you want assigned to it. Then hold the channel button in for a few seconds.

Pete

Thanx for your response - I've now checked the glass type fuses and they're OK. I've also tried the above method for storing presets but still no luck ????
I haven't given up yet, although I'm not sure where to go to now ??? I'm going to struggle to find a tech expert with Randall's midi footswitch in good old OZ......

If all else fails, I may have to install a single button Footswitch to the front AMP channel select button (which works) and go with that ???? So each press of the button will change channels one at a time - that shouldn't be too hard ???

Anyway, if you can think of anything else that would be greatly appreciated.

Steph.

If you are looking for fuse of midiboard, it is directly on the midiboard.
And it is not usual glass fuse.
on this pic it is that red barrel by right side of 12 pin connector.
midiboard.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks - I've had another look at my midiboard and it doesn't have the red barrel fuse set up. Instead it just has a plain filament / wire with fuse written next to it and it seems OK. Could this be an older model ?? overseas model ?? I'm assuming that since the footswitch buttons are lighting up and changing then its not related to the midi fuse??

I'm going to try to change the dipswitch settings on the midi boad - there are 2: the 4 switch panel which changes receive channels of the RM100 and a second smaller 2 way switch which I'm unsure about, but mine was set opposite to the above photo so I'll flick the switches and see what happens ???

Anyway, I'm still trying and if you can think of anything else I would greatly appreciate it.

Steph.