Just ordered the Archetype

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Reaction score
I ordered it from BeyondEleven.com, also hoping it comes with the footswitch, didn't say anywhere on the site that it does.

I do have a question, I haven't really done any research on it yet...

Will it work fine with a Warhead 4x12? I love the way those look, and a friend of mine said he'll sell me his for like $400.

And hopefully the head isn't as unreliable as people say V2's are.

it should come with a footswitch, mine did.

if it's a friends warhead, then why not just ask him to test with the archetype? besides: always a got way to buy TONE-gear because of the LOOK. i do the same ... blue lights ... you know. ;-) (just kiddin)

i read the poor reliability too but mine works fine so far. didn't had him on the road yet but in my studiowork - no complains by now.

Well, I would test it, but he lives in Virginia, and I'm in Florida :(

We'll see how mine holds up, it will be gigged quite frequently.

However, I've wanted this head since it came out, and just yesterday decided to go ahead and get it. It's gonna be one of those things where I make sure it works as long as humanly possible. If the head has faulty parts, I'll simply replace them with reliable parts.

I do think the blue lights look a Hell of a lot better than the green ones, or the red ones on the Ninja.

Ok, stupid me thought "friend" meant that he lives near you.

For me it was the youtube vid with "christians gear". I then also bought it without testing. It took me a while to get my tone-setting but now i can't imagine a situation that would need a tone that i can't do. The next amp i'll buy will be a ... -n other Archetype for my backup system. Seriously i hope this amp lasts a long long time.

The green lights would be ok but the red light of the tubechannel sucks and the ninja doesn't look good anyway. Mr. Olde Wolbers has some good taste, i am looking forward to his new guitar with blue lights. That's gonna be big pimpin-style!! :-D

How many watts is the Warhead cab capable of handling? Keep in mind the V2 is a 350 watt head, so if it is under that wattage it may not sound as good as possible. Should still be absolutely brutal though

Unless the Warhead cab is 4ohm, your V2 will never reach 350watts. They aren't 350watts anyway, they are 300w at 4 ohms, thw Warhead cab most probably will handle 300w

they are actually 400 watts at 4 ohms...we were both wrong haha I even have one and for some reason thought it was 350

what does it say on the back of the amp?

either way, I am pretty sure the warheads were 300w and therefore their matching cabs would be 300w. With your head, if it definitely is 400w, just don't run it at 11 and it'll be fine ;-) and sound fine .