• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russ, is my signature on the tube cage? If it isn't, it may not be one of my mods... email me a pic with the tube cage removed and I might be able to give it a positive ID if it isn't signed on the cage.

Pete

Do you have a push/pull on the Gain pot? The taper on those pots is different....

On a stock KH3 and my Pete mod KH3 (warmth/clarity) I can run my gain flat out without any real issue (so long as I'm damping strings stood so close to my cab!)

rmilbeck said:
borrowed from another thread:
crankyrayhanky said:
That PeteKH3 is a great piece and can get you killer lead tones with the versatile eq...

A quick question, if I may. What gain setting are you using for lead tones?
I can't turn it past 11:00 without the gain going out of control.
I may have to send Pete a gut shot to see if the gain was modified too.
The gain on this module is obscene.

R~

That's about where the gain should be for me....certain tones speak to me when I play lead- this one has a unique voice that I like alot, like it's deceptivly overdriven. It has a tonof gain, adequate edge without annoying sizzle....usually boost the mids a bit, hold back the treble for leads, like most modules

Since reading this thread, I've played my PeteKH3 a lot, it flat out rules and will be in a slot when I get a metal band back together. If you like the stock, this is a no brainer, Pete's upgrade keeps the basic tone but makes it way better.

Great price+ Russ is one of the most respected around

What were the mods? Are they easily reversible? I might be down for taking this, could you shoot me a quick pm please? :)

guitarguy510 said:
What were the mods? Are they easily reversible? I might be down for taking this, could you shoot me a quick pm please? :)

With patience, you could reverse them, but why? The modded module adds the polish on the tone...a little more clarity and a little less nasal in the mids.

Payment sent Russ, thanks man! Looking forward to checking it out! :twisted: I had a Pete-modded Ultra and I didn't like it over the stock Ultra but perhaps someone else had tweaked it after he modded it? :? Here's hoping I dig it as much as I loved //MK's KH-3! :D