Ultra Lead>Pete> Mesa Mark

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Holy Cow, just received this module today...it is breathtaking on leads, so sweet, so inspiring. The module really feels like a Mark- I had a buddy in Philly who had the Mark IV that I played often- this mod is right there!

More feedback to come later, I'm having trouble containing my excitement- must play....

How exactly does it sound?? Better than the Ultra Lead??? B/c i have one and don't really like it that much; it just doesn't compare to the 1087. I haven't been able to find a good setting yet. It sounds too "empty" and lacking depth. How much better it is with the mod??

Thanks, John.

I actually liked the ULead stock- though it did have a low end blanket thing going on; it seemed to have only 1 good setting: bass 11 oclock, mids 2-4 oclock, treble 1 oclock- for that Eric Johnson/Sanatana smooth lead tone

PeteMark is way more versatile..the part of the ULead tone that I liked is there and enhanced, along with quality available throughout the eq dials

There is a mid pull switch that is killer on leads, push it in and you can dial up some great Rhythm tones as well...just a superior module...I need more time with it, but I have been through dozens of modules and mods, this mod is right at the top! John Petrucci tones everywhere, articulation, pinch harmonics effortless- surprising with such a smoothneess- I didn't expect that...I'm pinching high e string high fret harmonics with ease and it's pleasing, not piercing- unbelievable :shock:

crankyrayhanky said:
I actually liked the ULead stock- though it did have a low end blanket thing going on; it seemed to have only 1 good setting: bass 1 oclock, mids 2-4 oclock, treble 1 oclock- for that Eric Johnson/Sanatana smooth lead tone

PeteMark is way more versatile..the part of the ULead tone that I liked is there and enhanced, along with quality available throughout the eq dials

There is a mid pull switch that is killer on leads, push it in and you can dial up some great Rhythm tones as well...just a superior module...I need more time with it, but I have been through dozens of modules and mods, this mod is right at the top! John Petrucci tones everywhere, articulation, pinch harmonics effortless- surprising with such a smoothneess- I didn't expect that...I'm pinching high e string high fret harmonics with ease and it's pleasing, not piercing- unbelievable :shock:
Sweet!! I'll have to start saving money to get this mod done. But till then, i'll try that setting you mentioned.

Thanks, John.

crankyrayhanky said:
I actually liked the ULead stock- though it did have a low end blanket thing going on; it seemed to have only 1 good setting: bass 1 oclock, mids 2-4 oclock, treble 1 oclock- for that Eric Johnson/Sanatana smooth lead tone

I'm going to mostly agree with that except to say that it depends on speaker (a lot)...I can get quite a crunch going with my ET65s and boosting with a Keeley SD-1 :D

I'm keeping my stock Ultra Lead..

crankyrayhanky said:

*******! Pete is real busy right now..I could wait up to 4 weeks for mine :-( :)

I'm waiting on mine, and cant wait to check it out. I had a Mark3 and I liked it, but I'm more of a Marshall guy. Sold it, and this I am hoping gets me close enough without having to have a full blown Mesa sitting around for the few times I want that kind of thing.

Gooberspazz said:
I'm Jonesing for one of these. You just can't find an Ultra Lead anywhere.
There's one in Slot 3 of my RM100 right now waiting for some money to transform it :lol:

I swear, there's some modules made by Pete and Anthony that should really be added on to the main production line, the Mark being one of them! Especially considering the limited availability of Ultra Leads. It's just a unique module and it has SO much potential. I personally can't find anything other than a muddy or PIERCING lead sound from mine, and forget about rhythms!

Gooberspazz said:

I'm workin' on that, just need to get some modules cleared out for folks first. I have a huge shipment of parts coming in this week that is going to help push things through. The feds probably think I'm building a nuke in my backyard or something!

Pete

Gooberspazz said:

I have two..one welded into an RM4 and the other is at Pete's getting modded soon! :p

okstrat said:
Gooberspazz said:

I'm workin' on that, just need to get some modules cleared out for folks first. I have a huge shipment of parts coming in this week that is going to help push things through. The feds probably think I'm building a nuke in my backyard or something!

Pete
As long as you don't use iTunes with it you should be safe :lol:
fail-owned-itune-nuke-fail.jpg

Ha ha ha!!! That's what I was going to use mine for. Oh well, I guess I'll just have use it to spread Pete's "pure tube creaminess" through out the land.

Got the module today. Definitely reminds me of a Boogie Mark Series. Since I only dipped my toes in the water with one for a blink of an eye, I guess I'll have to bring it out and let some Mark Series guys check it out to get their opinion. THat all said, the module sounds pretty good, and the 3 way switch makes it very versatile. I'm digging it!!!