G3 Series Randalls

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trendkill1168

Reaction score
Anyone try out the new RH150 / RH300 G3's yet? They are supposed to have a preamp tube in them. Just wonder how they sound. Supposidly Egnator had some input in thier design.

I think Bruce Egnatner designed the Valve Dynamic power section that is in the G3's as well as the V2 & T2 amps and as I can't speak to the RH300, it sounds killer in the V2. There is a shop 25 miles north of my house that carries the G3 series, next time I get up that way i'll check it out and report back to you.

Cool man! They are pretty affordable but I guess with the rig I have right now I can't imagine buying one of them. Just curious as to how they sound. I actually just scored a RG100HT (rack version of the RG100ES) should have that here the middle of next week. Been looking for one of these for awhile now to get that classic Randall solid state crunch.

Hey my other guitarist uses the randall rh150 g3 head. He brought it for only ?300 witch is A BARGIN. It defenatly has a lot of bass on itm and gain. I put in my maximizer and tube scremmer and it sound insane. It really is a great amp its very load and guttsy and it has little feedback. It also has nice sustain just like a full blown tube amp.

:D I'm definately after one of the G3 series, or if I do manage to get enough money I might head for the V2 or T2 heads.

I have a G3 series combo (RG200G3) and I love it. Its so ballsy. I got an MXR KFK 10 band EQ pedal to clean up my tone a bit (I like the low mid type Dimebag sound) and it just sings. Loud as hell too!

I have the G3 RH150 head. Quite simply the best amp I have ever owned. The distortion is brutal, and not in that nasty mushy fizzy way a lot of 'ultra-gain' type amps have, but in a very clear, distinct way, on both chords and single notes. I recently stuck a BBE in the effects loop of it and it made an amazing amp even better.
Needless to say, any future amp purchases I make will all be Randalls.