FINALLY: Clips of Jaded Faith modded modules!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Faith

Reaction score
Okay, so the lady was out for the night, the band was off and I had the house to myself. We finally have a few clips!

http://www.soundclick.com/jadedfaith

Here are the first two clips thrown together in just under an hour. There are two clips available. One is of my Plexi mod in a high gain setting (gain between 9:00 and 1:00 depending on the track, so there is plenty more on tap). The other is of my Tweed mod in a clean setting doing an improv tapping riff based on one of our original songs. The only effects are on the lead guitar track for the Plexi and the reverb/flanger/delay on the Tweed, all from my Xpression.

These were recorded with my PRS Custom 22 into my RM100 (KT88/EL34L) and MTS 2x12 captured by an SM57 into a Yamaha board. Software is Cubase and there is absolutely no post production at all.

Many more to come soon!

UPDATE 8/26/09:
Tracked an original Jaded Faith tune titled "Benediction" tonight at practice for an upcoming CD. Check the Soundclick link above to hear an MP3 of the rough mixdown from the session with no post production. This track features a modded Top Boost, EG3, Plexi and Ultra XL. The leads in the middle and end are the Plexi.

Tracked an original Jaded Faith tune titled "Benediction" tonight at practice for an upcoming CD. Check the Soundclick link above to hear an MP3 of the rough mixdown from the session with no post production. This track features a modded Top Boost, EG3, Plexi and Ultra XL. The leads in the middle and end are the Plexi.

mike said:
Awesome! what was your settings on the plexi?
Well since I haven't had time to add the gain switch on my personal module yet (how lame is that?!!!) all settings would be on the high gain side of the switch.

The cleans were the Top Boost. The higher gain rhythm guitars were the EG3 and UXL on the left and Plexi and Top Boost on the right. The Plexi rhythm tone was Gain @ 12:00, Bass @ 1:00, Mids @ 12:00, Treble @ 2:00 and Volume @ 12:00. The Plexi lead tone was Gain @ 3:00, Bass @ 1:30, Mids @ 1:00, Treble @ 3:00 and Volume @ 12:00.

This was all raw tracks just leveled off around midnight after the session and not a thing done to them with EQ, compression, automation or effects. But there is always something so cool to me about hearing something in it's raw infant state like that to see how it started life. That's the inner engineering geek in me coming out! Should be really good when it's finished though. These were some great raw tones listening to the a day later now. Also proud of my tracks because I was dead tired and nothing was more than first take. :lol:

Rob it sounded really good my man!
Now....just toss some light VHT Module overdubs on the backing tracks....!! :D

Mailman1971 said:
Oh, it coming trust me! We are tracking 7 new songs and it will be all over these tracks....

Jaded Faith said:
Mailman1971 said:
Oh, it coming trust me! We are tracking 7 new songs and it will be all over these tracks....
Sweet.........
Really really digging that module.
Great UNIQUE tone that is really hard to explain but sounds KILLA!! 8)

Very nice tracks! I'm really looking forward to my updated/upgraded Recto when I hear this :D

Sounds good. I undersytand what you mean by it being in its raw state..but thats good, for people who want to hear the module in an uneffected manner.
I thought all the guitars sounded good. Your Plexi sounds fine. I still kinda wished there was a clip of just the Plexi, going from low gain to high..basic rock riffs, and the EQ being demonstrated.
But overall, really good.

Well I for one couldn't be happier. I received my Pexi from Rob this week. I didn't have a chance to fire it up until this weekend at band practice. It totally delivers. My best sounding module by far.

The low gain channel really cuts. It can get really clean, especially when I coil tap the pickups. Wide open on the low gain channel it goes a little past plexi. Great AC/DC sound. The mod makes it much more articulate than stock. What ever you like about the plexi module there's more of it.

The high gain channel starts where the other leaves off and really gets aggressive. My main rhythm sound was the plexi but I would have to boost it with a clean boost or overdrive. With this switch I didn't need anything.My DS-1 would give it a different flavor but it certainly wasn't needed.

This mod is some of the best money I've ever spent on gear. I can't imagine it sounding better ... really. Perfect for my ears.

Rob... excellent job.

GtrGeorge! said:
Sounds good. I undersytand what you mean by it being in its raw state..but thats good, for people who want to hear the module in an uneffected manner.
I thought all the guitars sounded good. Your Plexi sounds fine. I still kinda wished there was a clip of just the Plexi, going from low gain to high..basic rock riffs, and the EQ being demonstrated.
But overall, really good.
I think it's really important for products like this to be demoed in a raw state. Seriously, it I was to polish it all up and overproduce the clips it would be an unfair representation of my work. It can't get any more honest than a simple SM57 slapped in front of the amp.

I will have plenty more clips coming over the next few weeks. This was just the beginning. We are tracking 7 new songs and I'll be doing more samples and be sure to demo the sweeps and switches. I would love to have demoed the low gain setting on the Plexi, but I have yet to find a free minute to do that switch on my personal module! :lol:

Gooberspazz said:
This mod is some of the best money I've ever spent on gear. I can't imagine it sounding better ... really. Perfect for my ears.

Rob... excellent job.
Thank you so much for the kind words and I am really glad to hear you liked it so much! Nothing makes this more worth it than hearing about the smile you brought to someone's face when they get to crank it up.
Rob