California Overdrive module?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggy!!

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about it? Is it still going head? I must be over six months since Frank introduced it at NAMM.

I was curious about this one also.... I'll see if I can give them a call today assuming I get the chance to get away from my desk! :? I was thinking about picking that one up to replace the Fuchs ODS I sold to buy my Egnater M4! :) If I hear anything I'll report back for anyone else interested! 8)

I have COD module now. It sounds cool not like other mods. It's not super high gain. It's more like vintage kind of gain or overdrive..

Compared to other mods it has more gain on tap than egnater SL but not so much as SL2. More than VX mod but less than EG3/4. Erect and MHG also have more gain on tap. No experience from other mods.

The sound is: Tight. Not a boomy bass at all. COD also has less bass than many other mods. I have however not tested turning bass to max yet :)Unigue voicing, higher part of middlerange cuts trough well.

Still somehow silky but very pronounced, different kind of midrange than in other mods.

Channel A = suits for classic rock, sliding, and cuts trough. Not too much gain, but can get very dirty if you max the gain, nice overdrive kind of sound, classic rock stuff.

Channel B= IMO it can sound a bit like old MESA's, but not like rectifiers and new mesas. Got more gain on this than Channel A, and with gain over two a clock to max you can do a bit of old scholl metal with this also. With EMG
s i got also tight palm muting from this. If you want to you can make it sound also like the old metallica sound.

Sounds focused and tight also with neck pickup and still not too trebly or ice picky.
However COD has overall very unigue sound and IMO is suited for standout solos, classic rock and maybe old school metal tone.

If you're looking for liquid leads smooth leads take EG3/4.
If yourre looking for a modern higain heavy sound take MHG.
If you want big bass, with huge gain and big sound take ERECT.
If you want classic marshall sound, take SL or SL2 for heavier music.
If you want to crunch and good cleans take VOX.
If you want superclean and jazzy take TWIN.

with COD you can also do Carlos Santana like sounds and with channel A + rolling of guitar volume also cleans up nicely. Even channel B cleans up if you need to.