New Lynch module comming out?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mailman1971 said:
I read a concert feedback where George was using his Marshall for the 1st part of the show and it broke down then he switched out to the Lynch Box and was using his Brahma and the tone was actually BETTER then the 1st part of the show.

Thats a great story. I'm sure George got that quote straight from Randall. If you have an amp called the "Lynch Box" I just think you may want to use it in something other than a Randall clinic or dont put your name on it. The first time I saw him he actually did use the Lynchbox cab. He just loves that old Plexi with a tube screamer though. That is supposedly what the Brahma was modeled after. I guess why use a copy when you have the real thing.

Has anyone seen George using the matching lynch box 412 cab? Was considering one until i heard one just recently.Was a little disapointed. Sounds small and quiet compared to a 412 Marshall or Mesa. Is it just me?

He used the cab the first time I saw him here. Never used the head though. I thought about buying a couple Super V's for a 2x12 cab I had but found I used Randall cab for next to nothing.

Yeh my buddy tossed a super V into a cab with Vintage 30s that originally had all V30's and sounded great. I think it downgraded the tone. It may just be though because those 2 speakers are very similar but somewhat different so are not very complimentary to eachother. Perhaps a mix with something much different wuld be better. So far though my ear tells me that if you want a vintage 30 stick with a straight up vintage 30. I have a hellatone 60 and hellatone 60L also and still prefer the vintage 30.

Hellatone 60 is a Vintage 30. Hellatone 60L is a Vintage 30 with a larger dust cap, that's the only difference. They were broken in for 15 hrs.

When mixing speakers in a cab it usually pays to go with a tried and true formula -- like V-30s and Greenbacks (Bogner), or V-30s and G12H30s (Matchless). Otherwise you can end up with phasing issues. Otherwise it's probably a good idea to stick with one type per cab.

And that's another thing. When someone swaps speakers they've got to be real careful about how they connect things... if you connect them out of phase they will have less bass and you'll also get some phase cancellation in various places. So try switching the plus and minus on one of the speakers and see what it sounds like.

Kirk is not using his Randall's live as has been stated before. I agree its disappointing cause you'd think these guy's would have to with the heavy endorsements. Anyone watch that making of Death Magnetic on Youtube? Its pretty cool, he's use's all kinds of **** when recording including a couple Krank heads.

I saw George at a clinic today. Asked him about the new modules, what they were based on, and all he would say is that it depends on how he feels when he goes in to work on them. Wouldn't give any more info regarding amp or type of tone. It was a very cool show though. Local backup band playing a variety of Lynch and Dokken tunes instrumentally. He was using the Mr. Scary for most of the 45 minute set.

I owned many Marshalls over the years...from 67 plexi's, early JTM's, JCM800's ect, and I gotta say that the Lynchbox modules are just killer Marshall tones...and that Super V is a reincarnated AC30..
It's the best amp purchase I've made in many years :lol: :lol: :lol: