• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S Egnater Dual Channel SL module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy510

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just bought another guitar and a Blackbox Electronics Quicksilver Delay (yeah... pretty expensive!) so I need to sell some stuff to cover them and the Dual Channel SL module is the one I'm currently using the least (the E'Rect module is taking up 80% of my amp time lately! :lol: ) so it's going out the door. I'm looking for $300 via Paypal which includes USPS Priority shipping + insurance. I pack very carefully so no worries. I can provide references on here so if you are interested and want to hear from some of them, no problem. Thanks!!!

Matt,

This is Matt, I would like to buy your SL mod.

I do Paypal, no problem.

Please let me know . . .

Thanks!

PM sent, it's still in my outbox, I don't get it.

Matt, I will definitely take the SL mod.

Matt

Hey Matt,

PMs stay in your outbox until the recipient opens them, if you check now they should now be in the other box. Payment has been received, consider this badboy sold! Thanks Matt, going out Priority Monday sir! :D

Hey Matt ,looks like you really like the e'rect mod.I was thinking of hooking one up and was wondering how you like overall.The only clips Ive heard is on indoor storm.Man I love the MOD. Thanks for any info........Jason

I'm not getting my PMs for some reason

Thanks, that's good news!

I loook forward to getting the Eggie SL. Gonna compare it to my Plexi, maybe turn the Plexi into my "clean" mod with perhaps a tube substitution or maybe just turn down the gain. Experiment time!

Matt

Matt,

In case your PM still isn't working I just wanted to let you know that your Eggie module went out today via USPS Priority! Enjoy it bro! 8)

Matt,

Thanks so much! I am ready to rock now! It will be interesting to do a comparo with the Randall Plexi mod. I hope the SL has a bit more gain than the Randall.

Matt

Actually, if I recall correctly, the Egnater SL should have less gain than the Plexi? Frank told me the preamp was modeled directly after a REAL Plexi and according to Frank the original (now vintage) Marshall Plexi amplifiers did NOT have as much gain as the sound people think of today. If nothing else, you can use the SL by itself for a low-medium gain and run an OD in front of it as a boost and get the higher gain sounds out of it. That's what I did and it sounded fantastic! Since I only have two slots I figured I could get the mid-gain sounds out of my Tube Zone and Eternity pedals so I would get some money together towards paying off a guitar and the Blackbox Quicksilver I just bought! :D You'll enjoy this module Matt, trust me! 8)

Matt,

Got the SL Mod on Wednesday (!) in good shape. USPS kicks butt - two days from Penn to AZ, outstandingi!

I will be evaluating the SL and Plexi over the weekend and will post my impression. At first blush, the SL mod seems to produce a bit more of a refined/defined tone than the Plexi. It's hard to explain. Also, the knobs on the SL - all of them including the vol controls - seem more "reactive," especially the tone stack. Small changes make a bigger difference I think.

Anyway, I'm liking it!

Thanks again!

Matt

I agree with everything you said there Matt! Very good way of putting it. I was (and still am) using my Eternity for that kind of sound and anyone who has tried one will tell you the eternity is a KILLER pedal for OD! Glad it arrived safely and quickly, enjoy it sir! :D