lynch box help?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's metal

Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can have my randall footswitch control the effects unit as well? i heard you can assign each channel a patch from your effects unit?? I have a LB and an RM50
any help appreciated
John

If your FX unit is MIDI, then all you need is a MIDI cable (i'm pretty sure). My RM80 doesn't have the MIDI feature, so i can't tell you much.

Good Luck.

80's metal said:
Does anyone know how i can have my randall footswitch control the effects unit as well? i heard you can assign each channel a patch from your effects unit?? I have a LB and an RM50
any help appreciated
John

I don't know how to do this going from the Randall footswitch the effects unit unless the footswitch supports MIDI. But how about the other way around i.e., have the effects unit control the channels on the Randall. That I know works.

I have an RM50LB and I can switch channels by means of an external effect unit (TC Electronic G-Major 2). That unit has a programmable relay output. This is cool since each preset knows exactly what channel to use. Now, to switch the effects on the G-Major 2, I use a MIDI pedal board.

There are some other units that do this, I know the Boss GT-8 can do this also and probably the more advanced GT-10, there's also a Behringer MIDI foot controller that does this and goes for about $150.