Stock BRAHMA owners....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1000 on that! It is just the "perfect" tone to do about anything! Not 'too heavy' but gets down and dirty! That is my "Motley Crue/Whitesnake" Era module. really dont get much better than that!!
But the BOOST with the SD-1 is the key.

The greatness of the boosted Brhama is that it is very tight, open and uncompressd sounding but has the gain comparable to the Mr. Scary. The OD boost also brings out the mids in a wonderful way.

And Dave tells me to run the Brahma with Bass and Mids dimed and Highs at 1:00.

This is how I like it, but I generally prefer to back the bass and mids to 3:00 for more tightness and clarity. Thanks for the info Julia!

Mike

Good to see the Brahma love! It's still the best tone I have (mine is DF modded), even amongst the mighty Egnater modules. I put a Cusack Screamer or a BB+ in fron of mine, sometimes both are on for some serious whoop ***. But I like it best with a single boost. You would sure have to spend some time looking for a Marshall that had tone as good as that at the low volume that I play at!

If I had to pick one amp and one tone that would cover **** near everything.....it would be that Modded Brahma.
Great great plexi tone. Sounds better than most Marshalls I owned and played.
I run my settings with everything about noon and use the boost with the level full up and the Gain about 1/4 on. Tone in the middle. My fave 80's module by far.
No comparison. 8)

Hey, try a Rangemaster in front of it.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Keeley-Java-Boost-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150356

If you try one in front of the Brahma, you really should use passive humbuckers or singles, or if you use actives roll off your volume knob to about 7. You'll be in Iommi heaven.

I had a love/hate relationship with this pedal until I learned how to use it properly. Set the switch full range. Dime the tone knob, and keep the level at unity. It is designed to be used with a cranked distorting tube amp, not a clean amp.