Lynch modules vs. stock modules??

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have most experience with the Grail but I own all of these...

Grail has a tighter attack, less bass in the input makes the mids a bit more prominent/clearer and a different mid cap value...also slightly lower gain which improves clarity

SuperV is the biggest change, it has lower amount of gain but the mids are scooped out to create an almost acoustic like tone...TOP Boost = Brian May, the SuperV reminds me more of Hendrix strat type tones.

Brahma has some funky changes, the gain character is the same ...some compoent changes make the compression happen differently and I want to say the mids are slightly more scooped...it has better clarity than the Plexi too.

Mr Scary sounds more SLO'ish than Marshall...it's also a very mid heavy module....sings very easily but the high end is open and raw...designed to respond around Lynch's SD pickup it cleans up nicely...Lynch runs these with the tone controls and gain very high...if you do that on an SL+ it sounds thick and muddy. Make no mistake, the Scary is the Dokken 80s sound!!

This is an excellent description of these modules stock from randall I agree 100% and could not have done a better job.

The mid cap on the Grail is very agressive sounding to my ears. I run this module with the bass backed off... dial at around 2-3 and use the Density to beef things up. It gets close to the Soldano Hot Rod 50 Zone... a little nastier than an SLO.