Diamond Mod? (Five Finger Death Punch)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Really enjoying the new disc, did a google on their amp and found Diamond amps

I think this type of tone is right in Pete's wheelhouse- smooth & clear, yet saturated & angry

Surprisingly, my Pete Brown module, when cranked up loud, seems to come close to the tone.

Smooth saturation, is there a market for this?

Hey Ray. You really like their tone? No offence, tho - each to his own. I was listening to "Way of the Fist". Is it the same tone you're talking about?

Personally, I think the guitar tone is their weakest link. I listen to them and think "everything about this band is good except their tone. I wish they didnt scoop it so much...".

I thought it was very close to a scooped Rectifier on low gain. You could probably get there easily with a Grail/Recto and an EQ to scoop out the mids.

I don't know that disc, the new one is War is the Answer

I wonder if the tone is much different from the disc you mention? War has a gained up sound that is very smooth & ear friendly, not harsh at all...I can get close with a combination of mods - PeteRecto and PeteBrown at the same time.

Any other thoughts/feedback encouraged

ok, just went to myspace

Fist seems a lot more Rectifier red scooped, much harsher
Check out the War stuff: Burn it Down!

They are coming to Tempe, AZ the same time my mom & pop is visiting....too bad I'll miss it, not many new bands I like