Castors for Randall cabs

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsparkletop

Reaction score
Anybody know where to get them?

One of the castors on my XL 412 cab has broken, and the local hardware stores don't have any that will fit. I hate to think I'm going to have to try to get them direct from Randall, after reading all the tales here about dealing with Randall customer service. :-(

You should actually give them a call. A while back I called about getting some randall eblems like the one on the rm100 and so on and they sent them right out. They weren't a real bargain or anything but they were really helpful. Its worth a shot anyways.

i have owned 2 randall cabs and had the same thing happen...twice. (The 412CXM and the R412CB). The problem is that the wheels are C-H-E-A-P. that's why they broke on you in the first place. Randall is gonna charge you up the *** for them and they're gonna be the same cheap shitty castors that will just break again on you again. plus you'll wait months for them.

What I did is looked up "castors" in the phone book and found a store near me which specializes in nothing but castors. I found some extremely nice ones for 9 bucks a piece. x4 = $36. They are like Rollerblade wheels and will trudge thru anything (just like a MESA cab will). they even light up :)

all you have to do is unscrew the old wheels (i was able to do it with a swiss army knife) and use a drill to screw the new wheels in. TRUST me I have had to prop my cab up one more than one occasion with fucking textbooks. Do yourself a favor and avoid any future hassels.

www.mcmastercarr.com is a great place to get casters...and anything else under the sun.

Look under Material Handeling sub-head for casters

I just want to clarify that by no means am I dissing the Randall cabs. They sound great and appear to have a nice build quality. I just feel that the casters are something that could be improved upon.

The stock wheels appear to be designed for bedroom use / mild gigging. I do around 90 shows a year and tour for 2 weeks. For that caliber of gigging/moving it thru michigan winters/ up and down stairs/ dodging smahed up ketchup packets on the sidewalks in Detroit...NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Not to mention that the RM100 (their flagship head) is a beast weighing in at 65 lbs. once you have that atop your cab it's near impossible to move even the slightest bit with the factory casters. PAIN IN THE ***.

For the sake of ending on a positive note I will say that Randall has done a great job in keeping the weight down on these things. These are a walk in the park to lift compared to a MESA oversized. My opinion is that they sound better too.