anybody here like the stock kh3?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people seem to like the stock KH-3. I liked it, but i had the opportunity for a KH23, so i took it and sold my stock one.

so i no longer own one :lol:

Well the KH23 is just plain amazing. Very clear, articulate, and nails Metallica or similar tones. It's definitely a huge step up from an already good stock module. Plus it can go from the KH2 gain to the KH3 can with a push/pull pot. The mids are better with the KH23, they aren't as congested and are very usable at any setting, rhythm or lead. I should have clips in the next day posted in the Rigs and tones forum

I?m not so much into Metallica :wink: , but I really liked my KH3. Great for heavy rhythm and lead playing. One of my favourite stock modules.
I really think you can?t go wrong with it.
I didn?t like the KH2 to much, but that?s a different story.

Cheers

rmilbeck said:
Recently I acquired a Pete modded KH3 that came with a head purchase I made.
I've owned a stock KH3 in the past. Pete's mod takes the KH3 to the next level.

For my 80's rock style, I preferred the stock unit.
For dropped tuners, the PT-KH3 is as thick as they get.

R~

***the PT-KH3 is still available for sale in the classifieds section***

Don?t make me wanting one...
:lol:

i think that randall did a good job with this module.

i do think it could benefit from a bass boost switch.

what tubes came in yours?

mine both say highgain.

are they jj's?

fuzzyguitars said:
i think that randall did a good job with this module.

i do think it could benefit from a bass boost switch.

what tubes came in yours?

mine both say highgain.

are they jj's?

They're Ruby 7025/12ax7 .. don't think it's the same tube as the JJ ECC83 but ya never know!

I'm digging the KH-3 alot more than the KH-2. They're WAY close in EQ though. I'm thinking of trading it off this weekend.

chrisolson said:
I'm digging the KH-3 alot more than the KH-2. They're WAY close in EQ though. I'm thinking of trading it off this weekend.

...which I did! I picked up an Ultra XL. WOW - what a difference!! Love the XL!! It's SOOOOO much more dynamic. This is a GREAT module. I'm sitting pretty with: Ultra XL, Grail, & KH-3. I've got a Pete Mod Recto incoming, and trading for a Plexi.

I love this stuff!

I have a stock KH-3 and find myself using it most of the time, I really like it for rhythms and leads. With some leads, I kick on my Boss super over drive and it really rocks! It is a little dirty on full gain, but just kick up the mids and treble and it cleans up!

I traded my KH-2 the first week I had it for a 1086 and I've never looked back. The 1086 has the gain of the KH-3, but is a lot cleaner... I like playing more technical progressive stuff with the 1086.

I've been thinking of getting an ultra xl or having my 1086 modded...

I had KH3 arrive in the mail today. Can't wait to fire it up. Should sit well with my JF modded Brahma and soon to arrive JF modded Mr Scary.

I have had a modded Brahma, stock Mr Scary, and a BE modded Plexi so far and found that all 3 of those were similar in tone. The Scary not as much but pretty close. The KH3 has a completely different tone going on with the mids. Lots of gain too. This is going to take a little getting used to.

I've had my KH3 for about a month and am having fun with it. I think I need a recto module though.