• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new place that just started doing mods. Southside Research. Great work! pics up!

Is that a copy of a Salvation mod? Wiring looks a lot neater.. ;)

lolthrash said:
absolutely no labels on the faceplate is a bit crappy

Wow... well it is new... the tones are the same as everyother module... better facepates are to come

randall3 said:
Close to a Salvation Stonerverb tone.

Really? Looks like completely copied!
Thanks mighty USA, that show to us - poor eastern barbarians - what "american way" is really mean.
Southside research.... is this some part of Bugera scientific development?
Fortunately Salvation uses some "dirty tricks" during modifying, to prevent so easy steal of the circuit.
Sad but true, this is not first case and not only for Salvation.

You can choose what you buy. Salvation - hundreds hours for REAL research, testing, designing or this cheap easy steal....
Thank You

hyenik said:
randall3 said:

Thanks mighty USA, that show to us - poor eastern barbarians - what "american way" is really mean.
Fortunately Salvation uses some "dirty tricks" during modifying, to prevent so easy steal of the circuit.

You can choose what you buy. Salvation - hundreds hours for REAL research, testing, designing or this cheap easy steal....
Thank You

:roll:

The color is killer. It does need labels though. As for it being a copy, I wont pretend to know what goes into a Salvation Stonerverb. If it is a copy, that's pretty crappy.

hyenik said:
randall3 said:

Thank You

Let's get this straight...

Randall MTS are made to copy the sound of other companies amps, you're cool with that; Salvations mods are made to copy other people's amps, you're cool with that; but this copy is some degenerate American crime.

Christ dude, the very basis of the MTS system is copying circuitry, get over yourself.

I don't think he meant to bash the U.S. in general. Did you? Copying, stealing, etc, certainly isn't an American value. Plenty of dirt bags have hailed from Europe and you certainly don't see me generalizing that all Europeans are like so and so. That is ignorant.

Yeah, i think he did. Let's not forget the stonerverb is a rip off of an orange amp, something brits put thousands of hours into developing only to have some Czech dudes spend a hundred or hours or so to rip off.

And then complain about being ripped off. Does no one see the irony here?

hyenik said:
randall3 said:

Thank You

It's Not for sale to "Eastern Barbarians" (his words) that research for hundreds of hours only to find out that the can't solder with out tearing a trace or using electrical tape. keep up that reseach ripping of an American design unit that already rips of other companies stuff. wait till you see what comes next :) Dont forget the scotch tape on the front pannel too :) So then its an American copy of a Britsh amp that is made in China that is moded by a Czech comany that is copying a different British amp.... :lol:

I can see it now. Modded modules are going to start coming with that black epoxy goop all over them. :roll:

Does anybody know anything about Southside Research? Please do NOT misunderstand this as support for someone stealing someone else's work..... with that being said:

I for one would like to speak for "The Mighty USA and The American Way"

I am not going to let ONE person or company define me and my country. You say this has happened before. Was this in the USA? If not, I have not heard a public decry of that person's entire country.

There are over 300 million people in this country and because one person might have done something completely evil and underhanded does not mean me or the rest of this board should have to take a blanket condemnation that we look down on "poor eastern barbarians". I have never seen anyone imply anyone from your country is any less "civilized" and resent the implication.

IF THIS IS STOLEN WORK LETS PUT THE BLAME WHERE IT LIES - on Southside Research .... not ME as an American.

Last I knew, we Americans were a big part of Salvation's customers and I have never heard ANYTHING BUT PRAISE for any of Salvation's work.

And for what it's worth, I went on the Bugera website and the contact information says British Virgin Islands. Last I checked this was not the USA either.

listen I didnt put this up for some "my country is better then yours thread". I thought someone might want to purchace this... if not than dont hate. I think that Salvation has some good stuff. I'm not going to lie this is baised of the Stoner but has some of its own tweaks... Am i wrong to say that everyone that is moding the Randall/Egnater modules starts by tweaking them??? This is not some cheap copy to rip people off or salvation... Salvation takes other peoples work and improves on it... Southside is doing the same thing...

randall3 said:
I'm not going to lie this is baised of the Stoner but has some of its own tweaks... Am i wrong to say that everyone that is moding the Randall/Egnater modules starts by tweaking them??? This is not some cheap copy to rip people off or salvation... Salvation takes other peoples work and improves on it... Southside is doing the same thing...

I can't see this thread ending well but did you actually send a Stonerverb to copy? Not cool in my book... :(

This is out of hand... Southside does good things and in to way are they trying to rip off Salvation with this. I was just seeing if anyone would want to purchasing this as im not using it anymore. if people feel this strong that this is a rip off than I will take down the listing.