XTC and Brown Cap values

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtr31

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity ,Are the new blackstripe XTC and Brown shiiping with a tighter cap for the bass than the original silverface ..
Thanks

To my knowledge yes, they should be shipping out with the corrections made to them. They were addressed last year and all their future production was supposed to include the new cap values to increase the tightness in bass response. :) If anyone has a new (not a self-modded) blackstripe and could take a picture of the cap I could tell you if it was correct from the factory or not. :wink:

the original first series "silverface" mts modules had a .0047u capacitor installed from the factory in the "C3" spot on the module circuit board.the newer "blackstripe" versions should all have a .0022u cap installed to tighten up the low-end and pick attack,although i have run across a few that still had the .0047u cap in them & these particular "blackstripe" version modules must have been a super early batch because they were shipped inside the older "white" mts box as opposed to the current "black" colored box.those may have been the few that "slipped through the cracks".there are a couple modules,currently,that have a .001u cap installed from the factory,for super tight response,such as the MR. SCARY module and the 1086,i believe,to name a few...btw,the capacitors can be easily replaced with different value caps with a simple soldering iron OR Randall Amps will,one-time at no cost to the customer,install the current level capacitor on an older "silverface" module if you send the module in to them at their Mundelein,Il location...

Thanks Goldwing.
Btw I really dig the EG3 module .Ive heard some say the Brown is very close except a little gainer and compressed Does the Mr scary .have that kind of growl in the mids or is it more bite.
It so hard to explain but if you listen to the M4 clips and also JimMosity Brown clips there is like this major open sounding full growl does Scary do that or is it closer to the eg MHG.I kinda heard that the XTC doest that a bit too although it sounds a little more low mid