Video of gig last weekend with my MTS rig...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldsparkletop

Reaction score
...performing Ted Nugent's "Stranglehold."

Randall RM-4
Rhythm: Plexi (with .001 cap mod)
1st solo: 1086 (stock)
Beginning of 2nd solo: Recto (with .001 cap mod) and phaser effect
Remainder of 2nd solo and outro: 1086
Power amp: VHT 2/50/2
Cab: Randall XL 412 with Vintage 30's (though I was only using 2 of the 4 speakers at that gig)
Guitar: Jackson King V (import, Jenna Jameson edition)...I'm even using the stock Duncan Designed pickup (Duncan Distortion copy) which I don't mind in this particular guitar

The sound quality actually isn't too bad.

Comments/critiques welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq24yfk0zZQ

I think you pulle dit off very well..very pro. I o a covers band,too..and its hard to get it right. Allot of guitar players just say they can do it...but when it comes to the sound, the phrases and the feel...its actually a study unto itself. And I I think you "get it".
well done.
if you are ever in NY check out "The Fuse".
or see Us on video at myspace.com/georgebarrysolo
the video there shows like clips for 10 songs, Id like your appraisel.
GtrGeorge

nice job, man. I like the the 1086 tone, the fade out solo was cool too.
It's hard to capture what the MTS really sound like in a bar full of people and a video mic.
Oh yeah, the Jenna Jameson graphic :twisted:

GtrGeorge! said:
if you are ever in NY check out "The Fuse".
or see Us on video at myspace.com/georgebarrysolo
the video there shows like clips for 10 songs, Id like your appraisel.
GtrGeorge

George,

I checked out your page, but the video I saw contained clips of only 3 songs, plus a drum solo. My band does 2 of those 3 songs (Paralyzer and Slither), so it appears we are playing pretty much the same stuff (modern rock with a few classic rockers thrown in).

I liked your tone; it is pretty similar to what I go for: not too saturated, and a lot of mids. Were you using the Plexi module for that?

Wish I could have seen more songs (and a close up of your rig), but liked what I saw/heard. If I ever make it up your way, I will try to check you out.

-Gary

sounded great... good playing... very cool uncle ted tune... hard to capture great MTS tone on videos like this but you worked this tune so well it came off great. NICE!