Does anyone know why AMOTT left RANDALL

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharn666

Reaction score
Does anyone know MIKE AMOTT left RANDALL he seemed to be happy with RANDALL they even gave his own sig amp.Was it for the cashola or was he just pissed that he didnt get his own sig RM100 either way Im not changing my amp just because of that but he was one of the main reasons I got a RM100...

He probably got a better endorsement offer from Marshall? Usually the case. BTW both Amott bros left Randall. Chris runs a Marshall JVM now. Michael just uses the Marshall power section with his Digitech GSP1101, which he'd been doing with his RM100.

My opinion is that if you're happy with the sound you're getting, keep what you've got.

Amott played no role in my getting the RM100. It was more of the store saying "we can get Randall and we can't get Egnater or Fractal" -- I was looking at the Mod 50 and the Axe FX. But they took forever to get back with me. Every time I tried to get information "can you get the Lynch Box" was answered with "we haven't heard anything." After a month of this.....

I was going into the store resigned to getting something in stock ($2300 store credit) like the Marshall 1987X reissue, and the day I walked in "we were just about to call you. Your Lynch Box is here." And then we played the Brahma against the 1987X. Pretty spot on.

I made a good choice.

..is that vendors of musical gear have territories...and if you are in the "wrong" territory..its really,really hard to get certain brands. Where I am,in NY (Long island) a friend who works at a store once confided in me..he said "If we were on the other side of this street, I could get you that guitar brand..but we are in the other territory..and we have agreements to carry this and NOT to carry THAT".
Hence, it may be reallly hard to get Randall in one place and really easy in another. Me? I had to drive 9hrs to hear some Randall MTS gear.
but I am a gear nut and thats par for my sickness.
This time..it was worth it. It usually isnt.
I dont buy my gear because an artists endorses it..many times artists say they use a piece of gear..but dont really. So I dont trust the ads at all, but thats just me.
GtrGeorge

Basically for me the fastest Randall dealer is Sweetwater. The nearest is an all day trip there and back.

Mike Amott probably got a more interesting deal with someone else (read: mo' money!).

Personally I don't buy stuff because certain people use them. I may be influenced by me getting stuff, but in the end I am not going to sound like that guy/girl so what's the use? I got Randall because I heard consistently strong overdrive sounds from them, and I got the Ceriatone because I heard a Dumble and this one sounds great and is affordable.

Meh, Marshall is paying everyone big bucks. Even Dethklok went to Marshall :p:

Loved the Ammott bros' tones with Randall/Peavey though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Gibson gave Mike a better deal than Dean and he went to them for a regular V with Duncans (or stock Gibby pickups like they did with Buckethead's sig).

his official statement cites changes at randall, like the amp tech leaving (i forget his name)

But, i doubt thats all. He didnt actually leave ESP, an insider tells me he got fired for a breach of contract (was supposed to use esp exclusively, said in an interview in a magazine that he used multiple guitars outside of esp)

Oh wow! I really loved his original Ninja custom :( I will probably end up owning one of those down the line, if I can still find them...

Shinozoku said:
Oh wow! I really loved his original Ninja custom :( I will probably end up owning one of those down the line, if I can still find them...

WAAAYYY better than those fugly dean ones.

Shinozoku said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-LTD-Ninja-600-OFR-Seymour-Duncan-Blackouts-Metal_W0QQitemZ330406465870QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item4cedc2914e

check it man, really cheap.