After a while my rm50 combo loses definition...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GtrGeorge!

Reaction score
whats up with that? Anybody notice this with their amp?
the first hour is good...but after an hour my tone gets a little sloppy, a little "bratty" if that description makes sense,(and loose ) i am using a Plexi module and a Ultra,into celestion V30. Volume is like 60percent. using passive pickups.
i dont get it.
Any clues??????????????

Old tubes maybe?
Does the tone get duller?

Maybe try letting it stand on for an hour and checking wether it does the same then..
Of you play at very loud levels it might be your ears fatigueing .. but you can be th ebest judge of that.

I agree with the ears fatiguing thing, after bout an hour of loud playing, especially with a band, your ears get tired. And I start hearing different things.

it doesnt get duller ....it gets more crappy..like it went from a full fidelity to a lesser fidelity. I dont think my ears are fatiguing. My guys play **** loud..but I do get far away from them and I also use hearing protection all the time.
So what could it be?

My RM100 is doing this actually. Used to be bright and clear, but now it's only like that through my friend's Marchall cab with G1275's. It's far too soft sounding on my Vader now... And this is with a new set of EL34's!

My rig gets significantly brighter as the night goes on. Not a little bit, SIGNIFICANTLY. I try to adjust the presence on my power amp to compensate, but it's a pain in the ***, nonetheless.

I don't know if it's my RM4 or the VHT power amp that's to blame. I've changed the power tubes a few times with no apparent impact to this phenomena. I have never changed the preamp tubes in the power amp, though.

:?:

i think this happens with my 5150 although i didnt happen to notice last time i played it (before that it had been a while). power tubes are very very worn. preamp tubes arent in great shape either

Im still trying to figure it out...
maybe the parts heat up and react different. Any advice is welcome.