5 New Modules in 2010

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CORNFORD based on Hellcat or MK50II....

if there is any doubt juct check out Jan Cyrka, Guthrie Govan or Dave Kilminster videos on the Cornford site... and if you really want you *** handed to ya check Greg Howe's video... that ****** is SICK... what a great tone... what great phrasing... what great origionality... I want to just burn my guitars after litening to that... LOL just kif=dding it makes me want to play my *** off all week after calling in sick to work LOL!

I would take this over an SLO or Herbert any day of the week hands down not even blink an eye.

What sold me on Cornford was hearing their amps for the first time in Total Guitar magazine back in 2000... TG has had CD's with thier mags for a long time now. I wrote Paul Cornford and asked him where I could play one of his amps here in Canada but at the time there was nothing close. He sent me the Cornford Amp Odyssey 2001 disk... SOLD what great tones these amps have... and in truth it's the only amp I'm interested in owning since I got the first of my two Lynch Boxes.

Even if Randall did do a Cornford module I'd still be jonsin' for the real deal.

they are GREAT sounding amps... hopefully Randall ponies up here. If not hopefully someone else jumps on it a make a few bucks.

Can any of the Randall guys on here tell us anything about these 5 modules?
Were they scrapped? Are they in development? Are they future plans but not started yet? Are they done but waiting for suitable release time?

Speak to us!! :(

JKD said:
Heh..try buying an Egnater module and then paying to get it modded...you're $500 in then!!! :shock:
Module, or kit amp? Module, or kit amp?

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/kits_60b.htm#6M45H

I'm really drooling over an opportunity to get some of these Weber kits, get upgraded caps and resistors (I've actually read many places that Weber's tranny's are just fine), and build a few of these...

Anyone else interested in engaging in a suicide pact that involves energized filter caps and general carelessness? :D

So to revisit the original post...
What new modules are we going to see from Randall or Egnater this year?

They say there will be the curve, the acoustic, a diezel, and engl, and an orange.

Well see.

I think they basically said no for the time being to the curve .Acoustic is not going to happen ,I don't think, the only new one I think is Judge for Summer

gtr31 said:
I think they basically said no for the time being to the curve .Acoustic is not going to happen ,I don't think, the only new one I think is Judge for Summer

Yeah the ladst thing Randall wants to do is give us to much at once. :wink: :roll: Seriously Randall has been very slow at getting modules to market. Thank God for folks like Gigmods, Salvation and Friedman.

gtr31 said:

that's not particulalrly suprising, part of why I jumped ship for the axe-fx. There were other factors of course...., like back health and the fear of hernias lol

yngzaklynch said:
Yeah the ladst thing Randall wants to do is give us to much at once. :wink: :roll: Seriously Randall has been very slow at getting modules to market. Thank God for folks like Gigmods, Salvation and Friedman.
Well yes, but I think they might have also delayed it because of the great amount of modifications that the modders have released.
Think what would happen if they released an SLO and Orange module now?
There would be instant people screaming that they are inferior to the modders' mods and that type of stuff. I can't imagine that being good for sales.

On the other hand, the Ultra Curve would fly over the counters like warm sandwiches like we say here in Holland.
There is not a person on this board that would not like to at least play with it .. at least two thirds would get it into their gigging rig..
Dropping that one is a great mistake IMO. But maybe it's because of technical difficulties. there's not much room to play with on these modules.

We could also consider the economy in general, it's a low point right now where many established companies in niche markets have taken hits. Not implying whether that's the case with Randall or not. But the current state of affairs in general could factor into Randall's more conservative output stream as of late. They did put out a whole lot of modules and products over the last few years, so maybe it's just time for a breather, making sure what they do put out is 100% solid.

Goldfish makes a good point maybe it is a breather, maybe Randall is taking the time as it is a great time to do a reassesment... reorganize and hit it hard for the next go around... Randall would do good by this.

Can any of the Randall guys on here tell us anything about these 5 modules?

It seems as though there is a silent policy now...last summer one of the reps ( I forget which one) dropped a few of their plans and release dates "watch out at summer NAMM", then "Winter NAMM", then "whoops it's not ready".

After the hailstorm of grumblers, it was stated (paraphrase) that they won't release any more preview info beacuse if it falls apart they don't want people upset. IMO, this is worse then failing to meet the deadlines- I'd rather hear a quick tech explanation of why a module isn't ready then zero info; it's like a punishment for being excited about their product.

Keep in mind, people grumble and complain because they care and enjoy the mts line. Keeping the lines of communication open is also a good business move to create buzz; like another said, Ultra Curve if released would sell 100 in the first week.

Right on that one

you advertise to keep people interested in your product showing all new stuff, getting potential customers exited

Then 0-hour comes, and you have nothing to show for
ofcourse people wil complain, they put off selling their MTs and buying brand 'X' amp since there was something to look forward to in their current setup

So because of the backlash, you decide not to forward any news
...which in turn makes people start thinking the line will be discontinued if the silence stays too long
(that's what I'm beginning to think anyway, especially since Randall showed only a new line of amps ready for release)

They are concentrating on pushing the new RT series .IMO
The fact that Doug is gone is probably not helpful.

I have to say since US music corp was bough by Quebec "Jam group"t in Oct
things have been "different"

The new New guy Delany has been there how long ?? since Nov.
He doesn't even come here and say "Hello" in 4 months ..not impressive in my book

Sure would be nice to hear something ...even if it's sorry about the delay. Just something to let us know there are new modules coming !