Identifying Brahma versions

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldfish

Reaction score
Just got the Brahma last, week, loving it. Great dynamics, great mids. I had to pushs bit more than I expected in the front boost for leads, but the tone is really worth it. It sounds great.

Does anyone know how to identify which Brahmas are pre and post the factory tone tweak they did to make it conform to the Lynch specs?

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else feel the Brahma is just a tad lean in the low end? I just did some A/B'ing against the Plexi, and I found myself constantly reaching for more lows. (And I'm not exactly a low end kind of guy) Anyone else hear this?

The Brahma may be tad light in the low end for some... GL uses his with bass on max and density on max... most times.

A simple mod can alter this for more bass.

For my tastes the Brahma is perfect cutting and bright not brittle and harsh. With a great boost it's just a superb tone. I use the BBE green Screamer most with mine but I also like it with the Danelectro Transparent OD.
I use it at a Blues jam I host and I just go straight in from my guitar with a Monster Cable SP1000 cable... pretty wicked!

Brahma light in the low? lol. Play my Mustang through it. I do run the amp with the presence all the way off, though. Still it cuts through.

It might be my cables though. I use cheapies because them expensive ones let too much electricity through. No one has told me my tone sucks, either. Quite the contrary.

I got a Monster running from my tuner to my volume pedal. A hardware store special running from my volume pedal to my EQ. Hosas the rest of the way on the pedal board. A Monster (low end) from the Micro Q to the amp. And a black coily Hosa from my guitar to the tuner.

Hardware store special from loop send and return. I guess you could say my tone is in those shitty cables. If I find a noisy one I just throw it away.

Could be just my unit, I don't know. A/Bed against the plexi it feels just a tad leaner. Anyway JF/Rob checked my serial for me so it should be up to spec. Only use Mogami and Dimarzio cables for guitar.

GL uses his with bass on max and density on max...
Yeah, that's close to where I end up.

Stock they are lean on the low end by design. That funky C3 arrangement is a Resistor-Capacitor Filter that adjusts the corner frequency headed to the gain stages. It can be tuned to taste based on the values used in there and along with a couple other parts on the board. I usually beef them up in my mods a bit but keep that characteristic in there as part of the charm of the module.

I have a JF Brahma and I keep my bass below noon, density on 9:00 and I have a ton of low end. I keep the bass below noon on all of my modules actually. Maybe I should fool around with the settings a little bit.

I just got a newer Brahma and I noticed that it has a bit more gain than the 2007 versions I've owned previously. Has anybody else noticed this?

I just got two brand new Brahmas within the last month and they are slightly different.

One is clearer and more articulate than the other which sounds a little flubby.

I looked and some components are different.

tehuk said:
I just got a newer Brahma and I noticed that it has a bit more gain than the 2007 versions I've owned previously. Has anybody else noticed this?

Never tried an earlier version, but my Brahma is a 2008 and I never thought it was lacking in gain and low end compared to my other modules. Still my go to module, and yes, killer with a good od/boost in front.

Mike

Latest posts