Noise Reduction

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julle

Reaction score
Hey there, I need help. I know that this subject has come up before, but there are two versions of the ISP decimator, so, I bout a Randall V2 and I?m having feedback problems. I have the Boss NS-2 that I have tried both in the loop and in front off the amp, but it does nothing. In front of the amp it actually kills some off the sound.
I?m using the Tube over drive channel witch is very high gain but that?s the way I want it. What I don?t want is the hiss and the feedback that starts 0,00003 sec after I stop playing, the feedback is terrible. I Googled the internet and the Randall forum and came across a noise reduction pedal with name ISP decimator.
The thing is, ISP have two pedals, they have the ISP decimator and the ISP decimator G string (funny name on a pedal, makes me think of panty?s, but I am Swedish) and there is a price differ of course.
Will anyone of these two pedals do the job for me? And if so witch one should I use? In my opinion the G string is more complex and I don?t really know where to put my other pedals or is that easy just to fit them in where they are suppose to go?.
I don?t want to buy an expensive pedal that not does the job.
I have only used the amp head once and the tweaking of the EQ is not there yet, but, I read on the Randall forum that this was a problem. The level on the channel is about 9 o?klock (way below 12 o?klock witch is recommended) on the tube over drive channel. Yesterday I had to switch to the overdrive channel and put a tube screamer in front off the amp, but this is not the way I want to play, I need to switch sometimes to a clean sound with out bouncing around like Fred Astaire, I?m looking for a KISS set up (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Pete

I have the G-String model and it works great with my V2. Totally got rid of my feedback problems that were occurring at the front end and the annoying buzz that was occurring at the back end. From memory that model is not that much more than the original decimator and well worth the price! I used to use a behringer nh100 which is a carbon copy of the boss ns2 and that was pretty average. Had to decide between getting rid of the feedback or getting rid of the buzz so was only half the solution to the v2 noise problems. Also remember it would often let some noise through before it faded. No such problems with the decimator, perfect noise reducer in my opinion. If you still have feedback problems after buying this I would suggest your gain may be set too high. At full volume I only have my gain set to 9 o'clock. max 12 o'clock. Still sounds chunky as hell. I only have gain on full at low volumes. Channel vol at 9 or bellow is a good setting, and put your master on full.

Thanks for quoting Thrasher you convinced me that this works, so I have ordered one from Norway of al the places on earth. I have one more question. Do you have any other pedals in your chain? I?m not sure how I should fit the other pedals in my chain. The pedals I use is:
- Boss tuner TU-2
- Morley Wah, Bad Horsie
- Digitech Metal Master
- MXR Boost MC-401 (This goes in the loop, more volume for solo)
- Boss Chorus CH-1
- Boss Digital Delay DD-3
- Boss Digital Reverb RV-5
When you read this you are probable wound ring ? how much distortion is this guy using???? The thing is I don?t know yet if I?m going to use the distortion in the V2 head or the metal master, I like them both you see but not at the same time.