V2 Noise problems

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
I own a V2 and I like the sound I get from it, but I get abominable feedback at the same time :( I play brutal death metal- think Suffocation, Ulcerate, Defeated Sanity, Decapitated etc...

I have tried everything to shut it up. First I got it serviced as I thought there might be something wrong with it, then I got a power conditioner, and finally I got an ISP decimator G string which I run both through the effects loop and in front of the amp. I am out of ideas here. Does anyone have any tips? Also, I am considering getting a Cyclone instead, does anyone know if that is better suited to high gain applications?

Personally hum doesnt bother so much, you cant hear it when your playing. with any high gain amp there will be some hum. I dont know if you talking about a normal amount of hum or an unusual amount of hum, which is what your would need to find out, by comparing to another amp, or posting a video of it here. What pickups are you using? It could be your guitars wiring.

Hi, I'm using an ltd sc-607b with EMG 81-7s. I have compared with other amps, and I'm definitely getting a lot more feedback than I should be...

Which channel, solid state or tube channel...or both? If it's the tube channel it might be a bad tube causing the problem. I had a V2 and have a T2 now. Both amps required a gate in front and in the loop. They're squealers for sure.

Greg

I too, play brutal death (Suffocation :D Decapitated :D!!!) and never really had problems with the V2. Didn't even need a noise gate in my experience.

Perhaps the problem isn't rooted in the amp. Are you sure that your pickups are well potted? I'm guessing a good cab/speakers wouldn't hurt either. I was using a Vader and it sounded sick.

Thanks guys, I might try changing the tubes! I use the matching Randall cab, so I doubt the problem is coming from there.

c.thep, what band do you play in? I play in Acatalepsy (http://www.myspace.com/acatalepsysounds)

What do you think of the Vader? I hear they are amazing for DM. How does it compare to the Randall one?

I'm no longer in a death metal band...I'm actually in a pop rock band now, so I sold off my Vader for the versatility of a Mesa rectifier cab. Vaders are great for death metal, but it just always had me wanting something more.

2010-01-20213250.jpg