16 ohm cab with the V2?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquirtleSquad

Reaction score
Does it work at all? I have an Orange 412 that runs at 16ohm 240W rms, and I'd rather find a solution than get rid of it, considering I'm tight on cash and it looks amazing. Any suggestions?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/Snow1337/Gear/IMG_5765.jpg

16-ohm cabinet? I presume that's because your cab is loaded with 16 ohm speakers?

If I've got my theory right, your 16 ohm cab with 16 ohm speakers should have 2 speakers wired in parallel, the other 2 speakers wired in parallel, and then both sets of 2 wired in series. If my understanding of theory is correct, if you wire up all the speakers in parallel (all 4 in parallel simultaneously). That should result in a 4-ohm cabinet which shouldn't be an issue for your V2.

if the jackplate on the back of your cab is large enough, you should be able to drill a hole for a switch, wire up one side of the switch for 16-ohm, and the other for 4-ohm operation (however, this wiring job will be quite a bit more complicated...).

Wow Zander~ Thanks very much. I find it odd how there's no switch on the V2, or there is and I haven't seen it yet. I don't think I would be able to figure out how to do the wiring.

How the the v2 choose what ohms are being put out?