Is the Lynch box power amp stage the same as the MTS?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuzzyguitars said:
well let me tell you

i must have an earlier version lynch box as it sounds very different from my egnater mod 100.

the egnater mod 100 just has a different transformer compared to the standard rm100

too me the lynch box even with 6l6 has a much more marshall flavor than the mod100 running el34s

i find that the lynch box sounds awesome for anything modules for brit. and the mod100 with 6l6 sounds great for american highgain.

i need to check the serial number on my lynch box.

and the tapers of the presence and depth are very different as well.

you need to run the depth much higher on the LB to get comparable oomph. but on max both are about equal on the lb and the mod100. i guess the taper is slower on the lb.

dude, read the thread - the comparison is between the LB and the RM100, not the Mod100. 'course I'm saying that since now I'm looking for a LB100.

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't have have cancelled my Egnater with Cowtown (after NAMM). But I could've sworn that you left me a message (right after you scored the Hammett and Lynch heads) that the Mod100 is basically replicating what the Randall stuff does (esp after Hilligan mod'd the egg modules to be run 2 channel in a Randall head).