• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

How to do PayPal money transfers for free! Please sticky!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnalls

Reaction score
Sorry this is in the wrong / right category. I just wanted to inform everybody that under certain circumstances, PayPal transfers money for free. The criteria are:

Must be labeled as a Personal Transfer. You have this option when you pay.
Also, the money must be in your PayPal account and be going straight to another PayPal account. The money cannot still be in your bank account.
Well that's about it. If the money's already in your account, and you go to pay somebody, click on:

Send Money
Enter the email address and the amount
Now where it says Purchase, to the right of that is says Personal.
Click Personal
Choose either: Gift, Living Expense, Payment owed, or other and it's done. Nobody pays the fee. Sellers will like this.

Well enjoy that tidbit. It was news to me and I am stoked. Use it when you can.

paypalfree.jpg

There are plenty of people on here who I'd trust to use this...thanks!

Yes. I agree. It's not common public knowledge, and for transfers among family, friends and TRUSTED forum members, it's invaluable to win one for the little guy. Huge Corporation, you get none.

I would not do it that often. Big brother is watching and if there were alot of transactions it could raise a red flag. I have done it, but IMO try to keep it on the DL. :lol:

Dirtdog said:
I would not do it that often. Big brother is watching and if there were alot of transactions it could raise a red flag. I have done it, but IMO try to keep it on the DL. :lol:

+1 on that.

Something else about this: you're denying Paypal payment for a service they provide.

I don't want to be captain morale or anything, but if they don't get paid for their service.. at some point they won't be able to provide it anymore. ;)

Last time I sent money using the gift option it made me pay the fees. From what I can tell Paypal has already put a stop to this. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes depending on the size of the "gift" there may be charges. I had to pay fees to send someone a "gift" on paypal. Not uncommon at all.

Peace, Joshua

Party's over!

We recently changed our pricing so that all PayPal customers can receive
money from friends and family within the US for free. PayPal merchants
receiving money as payment for a purchase, continue to incur fees.

We?re not sure if you are aware of this, but we noticed that some of
your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases.
Unfortunately, this violates our rules, and we need your help correcting
this. Please don?t ask or allow your customers to use personal payments
to pay for their purchases.

If we continue to see such activity after Sep 27, 2010, we may have to
disable your ability to receive personal payments, and then you will pay
fees for all money received through PayPal.

crankyrayhanky said:
we noticed that some of
your customers are sending you personal payments for purchases.
But how does PayPal think they know that these are customers, and not friends or family? And how do they know these payments are actually for purchases? Can they prove any of this? :?