Somethings resonating (RG75 G3)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marter544

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just bought me a RG75 G3, it's a decent amp, sounds fine. But I have one problem with it, when I crank up the volume a bit, somethings starts to resonate, quite loud to :cry: (sounds like te screws of the speaker aren't thightend well). Is this normal?
And if not, what can I do about it? I really don't feel like taking it back, sinds the shop is one and a half hour away by car.

Thanks, Martijn

PS: My English may suck, I'm Dutch.

Hello Martijn,
While i don't particularly own the G3 version....i had the rg75g2 for almost a year, it really wouldn't hurt to tighten all the screws up and do a through check inside the cabinet for anything outta the ordinary that could be causing this. Just to elimintate the physical factor inside the cabinet.

If that's not the cause, have u tried playing the amp in another room? My dorm room has a horrible buzz when i crank any of my amps past 2 just because the acoustics of it are pretty bad. Could be a loose screw in anything of my furniture....i still haven't pinpointed the cause, so you may want to give this a try...

Lastly, Some g3 users have complained that some models have an excessive amount of bass, which may require you to exchange your combo for another if this possible of course, and just to be sure 2.

Best of luck and tell us what u find
Mike

Hi,
i bought the RG75G3 too and had the same problem. I checked the screws but that didn't help. I just found out that the connector of the power cable is the problem. It resonates as soon as I crank up the volume/bass. Maybe that will help you too. Good luck!

Ive got the RG200G2 and find it has an obscene amount of bass. When it's cranked I find it only needs to be ot about 11 o'clock