RH300 I REALLY NEED SOME HELP...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking

Reaction score
I bought the amp from the US, but in the country I live in there`s a Voltage of 230V. There`s no switch in the back of the amp where I can select voltage. Will the amp blow up if I put it in a 230V socket? Is there a possibility that the transformator detects the voltage and adjust automatically to the right output voltage? What can I do? Is a voltage converter the only option?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
THANKS!!

Sorry nobody has answered your question. I'm afraid that I am not the one to do it, either. The thing that throws me is that a US 120V mains cord shouldn't even plug in to a European outlet! And, if it came with a European cord, you would think it was set up for the right voltage. However, I wouldn't bet my amp on it!
Hopefully, somebody will be along shortly that can give you an answer.
Good luck!

The amp came with a US plug, and they dont fit into european sockets, so the amp is set up for 120V.

Viking,

Unfortunately, the G3 models cannot be converted for different voltages unless you change the transformer. The dealer or person should have told you this. This is most often the problem when buying electronics from other countries.

Let me know which country you live in and I will put you in contact with our distributor for that country. They maybe able to replace it for you with 230V version.

Let me know.
RD/MAN

Im suffering from the same exact problem..

I told a friend to bring over a Randall RH150Dg3 model Amp Head..
He brought it by hand all the way to Turkey, and it came up with " 120V/60Hz " and " T5.0AL/250V " marked with Red.

So we bought a 220V to 110V converter, Plugged it into several cabinets and there was a constant BUZZing noise...

Plus; the Tube Lamp inside the chasis didn't light up too..

What could be wrong? :cry:

I wonder if its because the Transformator i got converts to 110V instead of 120V?

could it be anything linked? :?

Because the iode Lights on, the footswitch swiches channels perfectly..

but the tube doesnt light up, and there is a heavy Buzzzz whenever a jack is plugged into the Parallel inputs

Viking said:
I bought the amp from the US, but in the country I live in there`s a Voltage of 230V. There`s no switch in the back of the amp where I can select voltage. Will the amp blow up if I put it in a 230V socket? Is there a possibility that the transformator detects the voltage and adjust automatically to the right output voltage? What can I do? Is a voltage converter the only option?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
THANKS!!

Hey,
i took mine to a qualified electrician and they changed the big electric trafo inside the chasis to a 220V + T2.5 fuse supply
plus changed the tubes and added a headphone jack input at the back :D