Need help brothers!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaronharmon

Reaction score
Thinking of using a small tube amp as a mono amplifier for an Ipod or other similar device. What's the best way to do this? Would I need to change the speaker to a full range speaker etc. This needs to be fool proof as others in the house will use it. Also should I use something to change the input level of the device I want to use?

well fwiw..
tubes arent usually the best way to go. Unless its like a tube bass amp..its liely to have a little distortion to it. But, YMMV...tubes amps vary.
for very little dough you can b=get a SS amp and use that.
Or try the tube..what the hay..
any old speaker will do. It may not be hi-fi..but I cant think of any scenario where an ipod could break a tube amp's speaker.
GtrGeorge

Anyway to get hi-fi sound out of a guitar tube amp? I wanted to use this because I thought I could build a cool (furniture quality cabinet) for it. I realize it would be mono and I am fine with that. just wanted it to sound good.

No. The guitar amp is designed to accentuate mid range tones. Guitars are not full range instruments and i have never seen an amp or amp kit for guitars that could reproduce a full 20 - 20000 sound. I agree with George that a bass amp would be better since those are usually fuller range. Or a keyboard amp. But there would just be no sensible way to get a guitar amp to reproduce all the tones needed to make an Ipod sound good.

Peace, Joshua