Randall Bass Amps?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericmonster_tm

Reaction score
Hi. New to the forum.

Im looking for information on older Randall Bass amps. I managed to get a 1986 Randall RB-125-115 off ebay. Its covered in snakeskin tolex.

I get so many compliments on its looks. While it doesnt work good in a band situation, its one of the greatest practice amps ive played through.

I can get a really, really mean Motorhead/Lemmy tone out of it by dropping the bass and treble ad boositng the mids. its really flexible for solid state and tonewise kicks the poo out of my Sunn 1200s (1200watt) head going though an Ampeg BSE410HLF. Its just not loud enough for a band setting and cracking it al the way it rattles and you can be heard over 2 half stacks and custom drumset.

The only information I can find on this amp is some place that has schematics of it.

I recently found a Randall B300 heads. Its odler with the orange-ish red stripe and says "300" on it really big. has the same tonal optiosn of my practice amp.

Im wondering if this would give me the tone of my practice amp in a band setting!

Does anyone have ANY information on either of these bass heads or the older line of Randall bass amps?

The ones in question are:

Randall "Jaguar" RB-125-115 (Snakeskin Tolex)
Randall B300

I would imagine that the B300 is solid state.

These seem rare and info is scarce. Maximum bang for the buck though. Im surprised these arent in demand amps after playing on them!

Again. More old Randall bass amps.

This is a jaguar cabinet. 2x15.

R215s is the model number.

Any information on this? I dont think it is a guitar cab.

Latest posts