Lynchbox and Digitech GSP 1101

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhugeford

Reaction score
Anyone using a Digitech GSP 1101 with their Lynchbox. I have connected with the 4 cable method and set up the GSP on setting 7. I am not real happy with the sound at all. Could someone on here walk me through a proper set up please. I have used the manual but feel something must be wrong.

Thanks

Brian

I tried this as well and even setup as an effects only unit in the loop I could not get a good sound of it. I like the 1101 on its own direct but not through my LB head. I sold the 1101. If there is a good way to get it to work well I couldn't find it.

I am not sure with the 1101 but I have a RP1000 (same brain as the 1101) and it sonds great with my RM100. I only use it for some delay on leads, maybe a touch of reverb, and for the external stomp switching options.

I actually own the 1000 as well. On the 1000 you can turn the amp loop on and off with the touch of a button..........on the 1101, it is not as easy and I think that is where the problem I am having is. Once I get the amp loop turned off, the 1101 sounds really really good. I am going to try and turn the speaker cab off like Julia suggested. The EQ does sound fantastic.

Thanks for the help. Keep suggestions coming. I get a bit overwhelmed with the complexity.

Anyone got some Iron Maiden settings that are accurate??

Hey which loop are you using on the lynch box or MTS? Am I correct that there is no difference in the Lynch box and a 100 watt MTS? Obvisously just a cosmetic difference???

bhugeford said:
Hey which loop are you using on the lynch box or MTS? Am I correct that there is no difference in the Lynch box and a 100 watt MTS? Obvisously just a cosmetic difference???

I use the serial loop.

Ditto on what Julia said about turning the speaker cab sims off.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have had time now to play with both the RP1000 and GSP 1101 through my LB. The 1000 seems to work perfectly through the serial loop.

The 1101 through the serial loop seems to work ok on whichever module I have plugged in when the amp loop is not engaged and the 1101 preamp is engaged.

When I try to use module one and add delays, reverb, say a screamer, it seems to work well. When I then switch to the module in the second slot, I start getting hissing and mircophonics, then switching to the third slot module, it gets even worse and is unplayable even with a Roctron Hush engaged infront.

I have tried it dry and wet and every range inbetween. I have put the same module with the same settings, low gain, other knobs at 12, and same problem.

What am I doing wrong. The RP 1000 plugged by the 4 cable method works for just effects just fine. How or what can I do to get the 1101 to work properly????

Incidently, I just had a customer service issue with Randall and one of my modules. They responded and corrected the mistake immediately. I sent an email to their general CS address, and within a week they sent me replacement parts no questions asked. That was really awesome!!!!!!