Pete's 1086 MONSTER

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pete's 1087 mod was one of the first modules I bought when I got into MTS (a whole like 2 weeks ago hehe), and has quickly moved its way into my #1 spot on the RM4. I find it's overall the best-sounding, most versatile module I have, and has me wanting more of Pete's work. The only other Gigmodule I have is a Modern, and that's already in the #2 position, over a Friedman HBE and JF recto. All good modules, but Pete's work has really hit a chord with me. Awesome work, Pete :)

Having owned a 1087 for over a year I have to agree with many of the points already raised about its fantastic versatile tone, so I won't start repeating them, however I am curious as to what tubes everyone is using in theirs.

I have a Tung Sol in V1 and a EH in V2.

What are you guys using??

I'm running a Tung-Sol in V1, and a Penta Labs 12AX7M in V2. I read a couple of other posts recommending this configuration ... I tried it and I liked it! 8)

I finally snagged an authentic 1960's Mullard to put in V2, along with the Tung Sol in V1 - fantastic tone! No more trial and error for me javascript:emoticon(':D')

I have a 1086 coming and I plan to send it to Pete, as soon as his unfortunate situation calms down. Along with a Mr. Scary that's going to get the Slodano treatment.