The Judge= Repackaged,"New & Improved" Brahma?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kranked4Christ

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been checking out your posts regarding the new Lynch module "The Judge". I am a huge Lynch fan myself, but it seems to me that all we are getting from the description is a repackaged Brahma!??! What do you guys think will be better about this one rather than just getting a cheaper (used or discontinued) Brahma? Thanks!

Since no one has actually acquired one as of yet it is hard to say in terms of tone if there is a difference (large or small).

Here are the only descriptions I have come across.
Beyond Eleven:
?Lynch tone with British voicing with hot rod mods
?This is Lynch's variation of the vintage Plexi tone
Randall catalogue states the same.

The only difference I can see is The Judge has a mode switch, where as the Brahma did not. What this mode switch does is anybody's guess at this point.

it is similar to the Freidman Marsha voicing I believe the BE for the more vintage hot and the HBE for a higher gain at least thats what the speculation is

It would be cool to be able to hear the module. Anybody know of any vids/clips of the Judge? Now that I think of it, I am not sure I have heard the Brahma either. Time to do a search I guess.

~~ The Judge has a mode switch

This sounds awesome, I hope it comes out before my arthritis gets crippling!

crankyrayhanky said:

~~ The Judge has a mode switch

This sounds awesome, I hope it comes out before my arthritis gets crippling!

:lol: I hear ya Ray...I've had a numb left pointer finger for a year...And I'm a right handed player...Getting older is starting to hurt more and more...The day after a show I can usually barely move my neck...But EVERY night I can still go nuts playing onstage...I guess we're in limbo...It ain't such a bad thing...:)

Back to "The Judge" It does sound like one helluva good "stock" module...If it's any indication of what's on the horizon, things are lookin' up! :D