Hectic Watermelon Live Video (LBBJesus and Sacred Watershed)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Czajkowski

Reaction score
low-crawling under the wire at Fort Mastercard
Little Black Baby Jesus and Sacred Watershed LIVE

Here is the video from the opening two tunes from our CD release concert with Jerry Goodman last month. I just picked up the video tapes and had to finally break down and learn how to use the video software, which was fun; however, re-syncing the 4 cameras was really a pain, but I think it is pretty locked up now. I was hoping for better video quality, but I think it's definitely good enough for promo becuase the audio quality is fine. Your critical input is appreciated as this is our first foray into the visual world.

Here is a description from another thread about the rig and audio:

With the Switchblade, I route all the stuff so I can morph between these three paths (shown below) without having to fire a MIDI program change. I configure the FX-1 so that I can morph between A and B and B and C with pedals or punch a momentary or latching Boss FS-5U switch for moving crisply between B and C. It looks pretty complicated, but it is very easy to actually use. The only tricky thing is to set up all the levels correctly in advance.

A. Psychedelic Backwards guitar:
a. (100% wet) patch that is Magnetic pickups?Egnater M4 (MHG channel)-Eventide Block B?Rack Mixer?Wet Power amp?EV PA Speakers.

B. Clean w/ Chorus+piezo+Resorgan K2500R:
a. Dry: magnetic pickups ? Keeley Comp ? Egnater ie4 ch 2?VHT 2-50-2 (class A mode) Ch A?Earcandy 2x12s (Eminence TX heats).
b. Wet FX: In parallel to this is the wet chorus and delay sent from Egnater ie4?Lexicon G2 (with speaker emulator)?Rack mixer?Wet Power amp?EV PA Speakers.
c. Piezo:
i. (dry) RMC Pickups?Joe Meek VC6 pre? Rack mixer?Wet Power amp?EV PA Speakers.
ii. (wet) VC6?G2?etc.
d. Synth: RMC?Axon?K2500R? Rack mixer?Wet Power amp?EV PA Speakers.

C. Distorted Lead (with modulated Analog Delay):
a. Dry: mag pickups?Egnater M4 (MHG channel still)?VHT Ch B (class A/B)?Earcandy 2x12 (Swamp Thang and Governor)
b. Mic?ed dry lead cab?to little Mackie mixer?Eventide block A?Rack mixer?Wet Power amp?EV PA Speakers.

Performance:

1. Psychedelic Intro: The overlapping delays and varation of textures morphing between A and B gets an image of several parts in kind of a psychedelic counterpoint in the guitar intro which is my attempt at a David Torn kind of thing.

2. Then for the Eric Johnson-esque thing, it is to C. I also made a version of the setup where C has a '69 over an Egnater SL2.

3. For the remainder of the tune it is just morphing between B and C for redneck free jazz.

Sacred_H2O_SigPath.jpg

Like I said before, that is awesome!

I remember the days of my rack of doom with 3 preamps and mixers and wets and dries. Still makes my head spin! But, I did like the possiblities. Kudos to you for taming it all into a great sounding rig!

BTW, Great playing !!

man seriously this is intense. I cant fathom having something like that. Im such a plug and play guy its retarded haha

Hey John,

Nice video. My only complaint was that it ended. Are you going to put more videos up?

So you are using the switchblade to fade back and fourth between your 2 preamps and effects with a volume pedal?

Cody

Right on guys, glad you like my first stab at video production!

The rig is super easy to use as far as the performance end of things goes. You basically fade beteen the clean and lead with one pedal or when the pedal is in the lead position, you can also morph into the backwards delay by pressing the second pedal. The only tricky thing is the synth hold pedal to keep the organ chords going or cutting them off.

Thanks again for checking it out.