dimming light

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extralife

Reaction score
when i'm playing i notice the jewel light on my lb gets bright sometimes all of the sudden. anyone else had this? hoping its my power in my crap apartment not a fault. anyone use a ups or anything with there amps?

this happens all the time with my rm100KH- doesn't affect tone, probably just a cosmetic led issue

There are a couple things. It could be a loose connection to the light itself, or it could be the wiring in your building. Do you notice any other lights in your apartment doing the same thing? If you don't, first I'd try a different outlet. If you do, i'd seriously start thinking about moving for your own safety.

If you've got a neighbor that fires up a space heater and hair dryer at the same time that'll be a power drain. When they go off, line voltage will return. Same with an AC unit.

In any event I'd take a look at the Furman family of fine products. But it won't regulate voltage. You might want to check your outlet with a voltmeter, too.

Furman makes units from your basic power strip up to ones that actually regulate voltage. Price will vary on function. NOTE: these will typically be rack units. I have good wiring in my house and get away with the $55 model.

If your line voltage is fluctuating you might have a problem with building wiring in which case it would behoove you to contact your landlord (if you rent) or contact your power company and have them come out and check your line. But since you already have a voltmeter I'd just check the voltage at the outlet with it (do not touch the probes with your fingers while doing this).

If the power company says their delivery is fine within spec, and it's the wiring and your landlord won't fix it, you will need one that's a voltage regulator. This isn't your ordinary power conditioner. These ain't cheap, but it may be worth it in the long run. You'll use it for your computer as well. This is the Furman AR-1215 and that runs about $550 -- this is the least expensive voltage regulator they make. I thought about getting one.

They're available at Sweetwater.

Julia said:
Two words: Power Conditioner.

I use and really was impressed by the Carvin AC120S.
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=AC120S&cid=61
It's on sale for $149, but regularly goes for $179.
Comparable Products
- Furman's PS-PRO II (list $489 street $429) 4 stage/8 outlets
- ETA PD11SS (list $429, street $289) 4 stage/11 outlets
Very good build quality and feature set. USA made quality and customer service as well.