Interesting hehe

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhequiem

Reaction score
I have been eyeballing an Axe-FX, and happened to look on eBay for them. You rarely see them on eBay, what with the high price of an Axe-FX and the crazy fees, but eBay is having a free auction listing special or something, and I've seen a few on. This ad is interesting, because the person selling the Axe-FX specifically mentions selling it so he can go back to a MTS system hehe

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axe-Fx-Standard-/280552074252?pt=Guitar_Accessories#ht_500wt_1154

"This ad is interesting, because the person selling the Axe-FX specifically mentions selling it so he can go back to a MTS system hehe"

rhequiem said:
Holy moly, I just looked at the guy's ebay ID - it's Cold Machine! What's up dude?! lol You didn't like the Axe-FX??

Oh hell, I've been outed! The Axe-Fx is really cool, and of all the modeling gear I've ever used it is the absolute best...but!...I'm not a tweaker. I don't even have control knobs on my guitars, just kill switches. :?
There are some great sounds right out of the box, but I don't have the patience to get the best out of the Fractal stuff. Besides that, I'm such a gear ***** that I NEED to have more stuff available for me to buy and the MTS gear gives me that opportunity and still lets me stay in the same zone.
I'm replying to your PM by the way...the RT 2/50 is a perfect power amp for an Axe-Fx.

Did that Axe FX sell? I may be looking to add (not replace) a Fractal to my studio.

The crazy thing is, on eBay the units are going for higher than the new ones direct from Fractal!?!

crankyrayhanky said:
Did that Axe FX sell? I may be looking to add (not replace) a Fractal to my studio.

The crazy thing is, on eBay the units are going for higher than the new ones direct from Fractal!?!

I noticed that, too, Ray! It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe because Fractal is currently sold out. Personally, I can't see paying retail (or more) on something you could get brand new from the company :shock:

Yea its because Fractal is sold out right now. They are getting another shipment in in like a week or so. Man, people are really impatient :shock:

Way cool. I totally get why you would rather go MTS. You just plug it in and within a few minutes you have a great tone. It's got knobs on the front, effects loops in the back, and looks a lot cooler than an Ax Fx.

I believe the AXE FX is back in stock now. At least according to the website.

Seriously guys....Give it some time and let this thing prove itself on the market. It doesn't even have a USB port for updates yet. Besides, you have really great sounding gear and an AXE FX, although groundbreaking now, will be improved upon. Because of the principle of Moore's law which describes a long-term trend in the history of computing hardware. The number of transistors that can be placed inexpensively on an integrated circuit has doubled approximately every two years. The trend has continued for more than half a century and is not expected to stop until 2015 or later. the chips used to provide the processing that is responsible for creating a higher definition sound are improving in speed and capability at a constant rate.
The overwhelming response to the AXE FX has caused different manufacturers R&D teams to intensify efforts to meet and/or beat the quality, feature set, and price point of the beloved AXE FX. Even Line 6 is showing some promising advances with the new POD HD gear. My suggestion...Appreciate the rigs you got and give it maybe a few months to a few years to see what the modeling technology does and get the best at a more reasonable price point. Tubes always sound good. I am personally not 100% satisfied with the level of quality and price point of the current technology. Software based and no USB. Please....
It feels like paying $1000 for a CD player all over again.
Serously, I love you guys, wait for the better stuff...

As bad as I too want an Axe-FX, Daryl is right. I've been a computer guy since before the first hard drives came out, and starting not too long after that, I've always built my own computers. But I'd always buy two or maybe three steps down from the fastest processor - which would often times save me more than 50% off of the latest & greatest! And a year later, that "latest & greatest" would cost less than the processor I had just bought a year ago - obviously because it had been replaced by the next "latest & greatest".

But yes, it comes down to "if you want to play, you've got to pay!" ... and pay often, because what you paid a premium for now (at least in the high-tech computer & electronics world) will most likely be one-upped relatively soon, and so you'll have to "pay to play" again in order to maintain that "latest & greatest" consumer status . . .

That being said, if I had $2000 burning a hole in my pocket right now I'd probably go buy an Axe-FX Ultra! :lol: