Looking for Tone and an Amp

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcasanola

Reaction score
I'm looking into the Breaking Benjamin tone.. I know they play metal, Ben uses the Randall RM50, and Aaron uses the RM100 but I kinda only have $600 to spend on an entire amp stack. I was hoping you all could point me in the direction of an amp with similar tones or even exact tones in that price range and is a half stack. Thanks for the help!

Are you gigging a lot or is this just for your own enjoyment in your house? You could get an RM20 combo and a Kyle Dragon module for that price. ~375 for the combo and ~200 for the module. That would be a killer setup for you.

rcasanola said:
I was kinda hoping for a half stack though. Other wise, very useful

Any particular reason you want a half stack? If you're not gigging, the 20 watt combo is truly your best bet. It will sound better at lower volumes and also be very useful for recording should you choose to do so.

Well I will be gigging. and playing in my room. Can't say it'll be one more than the other. So the half stack is ideal here.

rcasanola said:
Well I will be gigging. and playing in my room. Can't say it'll be one more than the other. So the half stack is ideal here.

Honestly, an RM20 is plenty for most gigs unless you're going to be playing shows with 1,000 people or more. Even then, you can Mic the combo, run a direct out to the PA and be fine. I know you want a half stack, but for your budget, the RM20 will sound much much better than any half stack you can get.

Well best bet would be ebay, and for your speakers i know of a company by the name of Seismic audio http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/ Sorry if theres a no links rule, any way i use there gear and its bad *** at a great price they even have an online store with ebay

also just hunt around ebay for a few weeks and im sure you can find some great Amps for what your looking for sound wise and price wise
great deals pop up all the time you just have to keep an eye open